D2 vest knife and a dive into CNC

I haven't posted much on here but I've decided that I should. I've been making knives by stock removal since around 2003. I've sold a few dozen over that time to friends, family and co-workers. I make knives on the side when I have time so I am definitely at the hobby level. Last year I bought a used Tormach and took up using the CNC machine to make knives. I didn't know anything about machining, but nowadays you can learn anything using the internet. After a lot of expensive "learning opportunities" I was able to machine out my "vest knife."

The vest knife originated from the need for a knife for tactical use, mounted on a vest. I like how the design came out but I think it evolved into being more of an EDC/Small fixed blade than the original vest knife concept.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts or feedback on the design/execution. I know the pictures aren't the best for seeing detail, I'll add that to the list of things to improve.

Either way here it is:
xIg9x1k.jpg

Hv8IdEs.jpg

qN7Dqas.jpg

And to anyone that says CNC makes it easier, here's a pile of messed up blades off the CNC. If they were hand made I could just fix them as I made them, but to continue on with more machining steps, they needed to be correct.
q7pqJs6.jpg

Back