Damascus supplier for a clever?

Greetings fine folks. I'm a hobbyist knifemaker (stock removal) and I'm desperately looking for a supplier that sells 4" wide Damascus. I want to make a clever/veggie chopper out of 1084/15n20 but I'll suffice with 1095/15n20 or similar. Really having a hard time finding billets and bars wider than 2".

Thank you.

I would go with Alabama damascus for a project like that. They have it up to 6" wide. Give them a call.

I just made one... and worked with WEO to get the billet. If you look back in the “what’s going on in your shop” thread you will find a photo of the final product

Thanks for the mention, Cush.
I was going to post that I'm starting to do more of this and plan on putting up some billets on the for sale section soon. Go start a conversation if you want.

Thanks for the mention, Cush.
I was going to post that I'm starting to do more of this and plan on putting up some billets on the for sale section soon. Go start a conversation if you want.
You are welcome. I was not sure if you had the bandwidth ..... it is good to hear that you do!!

bandwidth??
sorry. my wife hates it when I use that term casually also. comes from information theory and signal processing - and refers to the amount of information you can push through a wire/telephone/transatlantic cable/computer bus/radio signal. It is actually more than one simultaneous stream of data or conversation. Having some bandwidth means "I have time to do some more stuff". Having no bandwidth means "I am all full up - dont have any time to do what you are asking......"

Like I said, my wife hates it when I say that to her.....

Reactions: weo
Well, good thing I'm not you wife, then....;)

I was going to say, my internet is fine.:) (sorry for the digression, probe3)

Thanks everyone. I ended up purchasing a billet from Alabama damascus, the width was only 3 7/16" OAW though, wasn't able to find anything wider on his website.

Back