DAMN! I think I just found another one!

I've read a few threads where the Benchmade Griptillian has been mentioned so I thought I'd do some googling just to see what I came up with. I found THIS REVIEW which gives it a pretty good score.

The last thing I need is yet another knife but I sort of took a liking to this one. (This knife disease is a curse.)

Anyone like to comment on this review or, if you actually have one of these, what you think of it.

I have the 550s with the sheepsfoot blade. I was not crazy about the blade design at first, but it kind of grows on ya. The grip is one fine knife for the money, and I believe the axis lock is one of the most innovative designs in a while. I have gotten gunk in the axis, but it was easily cleaned with an airhose. I disagree with the article in that I feel the weight of the knife is ideal for my tastes. it won't weigh down dress slacks, but you can still tell it is there. For arounf 60 bucks, I don't know if you can find a better knife.

I agree the Griptilian is a serious working knife. Even the mini-Griptilian is a tough little item. Go ahead -- buy another knife! :)

It's only one more knife. You can quit anytime you want. Really.....you can. :p

Paul

Anyone who does not own a grip or mini grip(my personal fav) is doing themselves wrong. Far and away best bang for the buck and easiest to use knives you'll find, fancy new steels be dammed. BM's 440c is about as good as anything IMO, besides, the design of the grip series far outweighs any little advantage a similarly priced knife may have in "better" steel.
My mini grip is one of about 2 or maybe 3 of my knives that I would NEVER get rid of no matter what.

I have a mini grip w/ yellow handle coming my way for Father's Day. :D I'm not allowed to use it yet, but I was able to inspect it when it arrived to make sure it was okay. ;) My son has a regular grip and it's very impressive. I may have to get one of those too.

Back