Danger Will Robinson, CRK collection limit exceeded!

Several months ago when I embarked on this CRK journey I decided I could collect as many as 20 knives, maybe 25 (if I stayed away from rare/expensive stuff). Number 26 is arriving today. That's it, stick a fork in me, I'm done :)

I'm very pleased with the ones that I've picked up but I'll likely end up with a fewer number than what I have now. I may try a Ti lock or see what all the fuss is and pick up a regular but it will have to replace something I already own.

While it's obvious that I still suck at taking photos it's not so bad that you can't at least identify the knives presented :) Missing from the photos are my Starbenza and Pacific

Smalls

w934tEu.jpg

Mcycr2H.jpg

Larges

Ayksq8R.jpg

Mnandi

sEmbIkU.jpg

and few pics of my favorites

BQT0oSq.jpg

LdQEZWD.jpg

6Oq7Y0D.jpg

8DNLvX4.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, a Lost In Space reference, nice.... and a great collection. You need an OPK, and a fixed blade, and a walking stick and... and... and...

That escalated quickly. Didn't take long at all to score a very nice collection.
Now, you get to be in the same boat as many others are in, which one/s do you move to get different ones?????? That's not an easy task, ooooor you can increase your number by ten and get to keep them all.;).........I'm just saying

Whoa, a Lost In Space reference, nice.... and a great collection. You need an OPK, and a fixed blade, and a walking stick and... and... and...

I do have a Pacific but I don't do as much outdoors stuff as I used to so I'm not sure it's going to make the cut

That escalated quickly. Didn't take long at all to score a very nice collection.
Now, you get to be in the same boat as many others are in, which one/s do you move to get different ones?????? That's not an easy task, ooooor you can increase your number by ten and get to keep them all.;).........I'm just saying

Yeah I know that's the tough part. I've identified many definite keepers but the choice aint easy for the others. I figure a good place to start is not to sell anything that cant easily be replaced. I did sell one CRK so far, a "CGG Ladder". I liked it but it never really spoke to me. I bought my only other Damascus CRK with the proceeds.

Nice collection. Nothing to complain about. You have some very fine examples of CRK right there.

Nice collection there! I like the UG Sebenza with the blue sapphire?

Thanks. Yes blue star sapphire as the centerpiece of a meteor themed Classic UG commissioned by BF member "blackened" back in 2006. It was on the exchange for a day and a half and I couldn't resist any longer. It's beautiful in person and it gets carried. Might be my favorite of all.

I like the meteor theme - outstanding.
Thanks for sharing.
PS: I bet you'll have a hard time to decide which one you let go. :)

Update: So it took an extra day to arrive but my starbenza showed up today making it officially 26. On another note, I realized I could get a "new" CRK without having to sell one. After talking to CRK customer service today I'm working on a design for a custom engraved scale. Now the only thing I have to figure out is whether to have them engrave one of my plain sebenzas or buy an extra scale to have engraved? Decisions, decisions.

Update: So it took an extra day to arrive but my starbenza showed up today making it officially 26. On another note, I realized I could get a "new" CRK without having to sell one. After talking to CRK customer service today I'm working on a design for a custom engraved scale. Now the only thing I have to figure out is whether to have them engrave one of my plain sebenzas or buy an extra scale to have engraved? Decisions, decisions.

Always thought about getting this done. How long was the wait and price etc

Always thought about getting this done. How long was the wait and price etc

I'm not exactly sure yet. I was told the fee is $45 per line for text engraving and if you want an image there is a $90 set up fee. I am going to make my own version of a Native American theme so I have to send them a drawing of what I want (it cant be the same image that they put on their NA knife). I'll know more about pricing and lead time once I send them a drawing of what I want and I'll update when I have more info.

Back