1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Daniel Koster please contact me

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by rhrocker, Feb 15, 2007.

1. rhrocker

rhrocker

Jan 18, 2004
  2. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Email on the way, Robert. :thumbup:

3. MikeinCali

MikeinCali

Aug 24, 2014
    I’m trying to get ahold of Dan Koster

Can you please get in touch with me? I paid for a knife you told me would be delivered a year ago.

I’ve emailed and left messages on your website. I’ve decided to try posting on the forums and anywhere else I can reach you until I hear back.

Thank you
    Michael

4. Larrin

Larrin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2004
    It looks like Dan hasn't been on Bladeforums in over a year but I guess it was worth a try.

5. butcher_block

butcher_block KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 6, 2004
    things might have goon sideways for him (sadly it happens ) many makers will not take $ before finished knife cause life can give us some wild curve balls. hope just a miss communication and not health or family issue on his end

6. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I assume you tried contacting him through his website? It is under his Avatar as well as a direct link in his profile.

In the past Dan has had serious lack of communication, and gets backed up beyond what he expected. As far as I know, he always delivered the knife ..... eventually.

7. MikeinCali

MikeinCali

Aug 24, 2014
    Thanks all for the replies! Yes, I know stuff happens and yes, I did try the website first. Hopefully he’s seeing this thread too but I’ll keep trying.

I’m sure he’ll deliver the knife or reply eventually. After all, reputation is everything in this game.

jll346 likes this.
  8. austexjg

austexjg

Oct 22, 2014
    Good luck with the wait.

9. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Hope he comes through. He makes some really nice knives

10. mgray34

mgray34 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Not trying to beat a dead horse, but his reputation was shot a long time ago. I think the average wait time for a Koster knife is 3-4 years, if you get one at all.