Dark Night of the Soul

Howard, I said most in the email I sent you a couple of weeks back.

Many of us have walked the same path so do not feel alone. I know you do but remember many of us, including myself and some we both know personally right on this forum have been exactly where you are today.

It will not be easy and although I fell from grace myself in this regard, try to take the high road. Maintain your dignity, place first things first, and PRAY for those who were once strongly entrenched in your own camp but are now adversaries. You may not recognize this at present but the major battle to be fought is with yourself.

For whatever it may be worth, Pala and all of us at the Titanic are distressed to hear this sad news and we will all be sending up our own particular Buddhist smoke for you, yours, and also your adversaries.

Special blessings, brother.

Thank you friends. Your words are a helpful balm to my spirit.

And thank you Bill, for helping me remember where the true battles lie.

Please give my highest regards to Kami Sherpa, and convey to him my best wishes for a pleasant visit.

Pala is at this very moment chanting aloud from Buddist scripture that we keep with complete confidence this will help you make your way through the maze.

Howard: How very sorry I am to hear of your troubles. Though I have not had the trials myself, I lived them day by day vicariously when my brother (best friend since childhood) got evicerated by his then wife. He would come over after work and we would walk and talk. On a particularly bad day we walked for 12 hours and watched the sun rise.

Things happen for a reason, both the good and bad. We do not always know the "Why". Sometimes, we can see the reasoning later on, but we have to go on faith for the rest of it. Psalm 57 & 59 are good references in times of trouble. I can't agree more with Uncle Bill on praying for your enemies. This doesn't always change them, but it always changes you.

Take care, Howard, You'll be in our prayers.

-Craig

BTW: You've done good work on the FAQ, I looked at it for the first time in 6 mos. a couple days ago, and Wow! it's great.

:( You take care and remember all of your friends will always be here! Don't stay away to long. May the good Lourd be with you on this walk.

Howard,

Reading your post brought back some painful memories (they never go far). There are no scars deeper or more painful than those woman gives us. All the years of training and study of the Warrior Arts avail little, except maybe to carry the pain with the back a little straighter, and have a true sense of your place in the world. Women can have a special way with the dignity of men - they can crush or sustain it in an instant. Try not to forget your core image of yourself - no one has the right to judge that.

I wish you swift Peace and Healing.

Howard,
I don't know you but I have the feling you are a good man. I never went through this directly but I've seen this kind of things happening to some good friends of mine.
Time and friends will help.
Fausto

Howard,

I too add my condolences, and have been where you are at right now. Don't hesitate to e-mail if you need to vent. It is a long uphill battle to be fought, but as Uncle said, take the high road. ...keep your dignity intact, because the main battle is within yourself. It took me a decade to learn that from my last encounter, and I'm now just getting rid of some scar tissue.

Good move to pack treasured items up and relocate them for safe keeping. I lost several irreplaceable items, some of which I still long for. Although Berk is the expert on this and might offer different advice.

Make sure to drop in as often as you can, as laughter and camaraderie are truly healing during these times you face. We are here for you brother.

Alan

It can get nasty and depressing and takes a concerted effort just to maintain sanity -- seriously! And when kids are involved it sometimes seems death is a better option than anything.

Back