• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

@darkside27 where is your scammer proof ?

SaviorSix
While I have a vague idea what is going on, you may want to explain what the thread is about.

P Peter Hartwig

Darkside27 posted in two sales threads that I scammed him out of money for a steel flame clip.

but it was not me, from what he just posted above, it looks like someone was posing as me and took his funds and scammed him

Were you contacted by email to pay,if so it is a scam that has been going on
I was contacted in a b/s/t group by a user who said he was saviorsix from this forum with the exact clip tomestamped with my name on it but can't figure out how to include screenshots from my phone, never had to do this

I was contacted in a b/s/t group by a user who said he was saviorsix from this forum with the exact clip tomestamped with my name on it but can't figure out how to include screenshots from my phone, never had to do this
What group and what was the email address you were contacted from?

SaviorSix
While I have a vague idea what is going on, you may want to explain what the thread is about.
It was from a strider b/s/t post, seller sent a pic of this clip and said his name was saviorsix from this forum with a timestamped photo with my name on it. Just sucks I'm out $700. Maybe the pic was photoshopped I don't know I'm giving up just delete all these messages I'm giving up, my apologies.

It was from a strider b/s/t post, seller sent a pic of this clip and said his name was saviorsix from this forum with a timestamped photo with my name on it. Just sucks I'm out $700. Maybe the pic was photoshopped I don't know I'm giving up just delete all these messages I'm giving up, my apologies.
Fb Messenger, no email

Take a breath and relax, your inclination could be right or wrong. Let the admins figure it out.

sorry this happened to you dude, its the worst feeling in the world, recently it just happend to me and I was scammed too
Yes it is. I apologize for all of this. Hopefully admins remove the comments. The timestamp gave me a good feeling about the transaction, guess that's not good enough anymore.

I deleted your negative feedback a couple of hours ago on the presumption that it was exactly this scenario. (It could have been restored if it were determined to be valid.)

I recommend you take our posted "best practices" to heart...and that would include investing a few bucks to take advantage of private messaging.

Sorry you had to go through this.

I deleted your negative feedback a couple of hours ago on the presumption that it was exactly this scenario. (It could have been restored if it were determined to be valid.)

I recommend you take our posted "best practices" to heart...and that would include investing a few bucks to take advantage of private messaging.

Appreciate it.

The timestamp gave me a good feeling about the transaction, guess that's not good enough anymore.
I mean you no disrespect; but scammers have been faking those timestamps for well over a decade. Posting them is a feel-good gesture, at best.

Like ^

Back