Darrel Ralph HTM-DDR Automatic Stiletto --input needed

I'm really digging the stiletto design, I'm about ready to buy one, but I haven't fully committed yet. If anyone owns one, please tell me how you enjoy using yours, or your opinions. I think I need to be pushed a little on this purchase. It's an awesome knife, but I need another blade like a hole in my head.

OK, Darrel; If you can get me a good deal on one, I'd be happy to do a review on it.:D

WOW, I figured someone would chime in on this. I didn't get to handle any of the current versions. I know the old version was a great knife and very strong. An SF buddy tested one when he was deployed to Afghanistan at the start. He loved it! Almost lost it a few times when the locals saw it and they loved it too.

I just purchased the tas stiletto. I'll be sure to post an informal review upon receiving the blade. I'm looking forward to it.

I just purchased the new HTM Automatic Stiletto a couple of weeks ago. It is truly a beautiful knife. The tolerances are perfect. The stonewash finish on the blade is actually beautiful. It really is the best looking stonewash finish I have seen to date. They really did get it right. The handle is very nice, it is grippy yet smooth and comfortable in the hand. It has a solid lock-up with no blade-play in any direction. The action is very smooth and fast but not:) so hard that it wants to jump out of your hand. It locks with a satisifying and confident click but not so loud that it would attract unwanted attention. I have collected knives for a long time. I have well over a hundred high-end production and semi-custom knives, and without reservation this knife by HTM Darrel Ralph design is truly a masterpiece. It is one of those rare pieces that the minute you touch it and feel the action you have to own it. I don't often post a thread but I had to get the word out on this one. Buy it I know you will love it!!

Last edited:
I bought one and wasn't happy, wound up returning it for a Microtech Ultratech. There were like grind lines, scratches on the stonewash finish. I'm sure HTM would of made it right. I'm glad you're happy with yours, and that it sounds to me like it was just a one off.

Can't say I'm surprised by this, sounds inline with all your other experiences.

Do you ever have something nice to say?

Seems like that's a better question for you, since pretty much all of your HTM experiences seem to be negative, and it's been rare for you to come on and say that you didn't send a knife back. If you weren't relatively polite about it, we'd probably think you were a troll. As is, you certainly seem to have the worst luck (and probably should order from different retailers). I've also never seen you put up pics of the issues you report, so the bulk of your posts in here are unsubstantiated complaints, and you've never said you tried to have it fixed, nor mentioned where you bought them, etc. So who, really, should that question be addressed to, eh? Pot calling the kettle black, much? RevDevil's comment has a solid basis in truth. He only said what pretty much all of us are thinking.

Not saying you're lying or anything, just that you've been a little rain cloud on the HTM parade with a significant proportion of your posts in this forum, so it doesn't really behoove you to call anyone else out for not saying "nice" things.

Think you have me pegged for someone else. I've returned 3 knives out of 15, that had issues. ONLY ONE OF THOSE WAS AN HTM BRAND KNIFE. out of those 3. Interesting how all of my firearms never have to go back to the manufacturer, or any other products for that matter.

Would you have kept a knife that barely had any stonewash finish, but instead had grind marks, or scratches?

Crimson, you seriously have me mistaken for someone else. Perhaps you should get up to date on your facts before writing such a post. Thanks.

Also, Crimsonfalcon; you fail to understand the history of Revdevil's postings. He tends to post something negative in any thread that I create, or write in. I had problems putting back together a spyderco stretch, my thread asked for assistance, he posts a comment essentially mocking me, rather than any words of help. Pretty weird...And that's just one example.

Last edited:
Gentlemen Please,
I purchased this wonderful HTM TAS II. Am enjoying it very much. I was hoping to share this so if someone was thinking about getting one this could be a good reference. Then ----head feels compelled to take a little d--p on it. Some people seek to better themselves by seeming intelligent by always casting doubt on all that they survey. Then they are super thin skinned about it when it is pointed out to them. I was also hoping my post would foster some positive shared comments in this forum. Wouldn't it be nice if ----head would find somewhere else to cast his lies and dispersion's. But alas ----heads rarely do. They like to hang around and stink up the place.

Cook, go start your own thread then. As articulate as you are, you seem to have little to no comprehension.

Thank you Mr duro for the delightful confirmation so all may see. I think now even those of us that lack even the most elemental powers of comprehension may deduce who among us likes to throw rocks instead of cotton balls. I am happy to leave this thread, as your comments have sparked such negativity I fear that I may become depressed. Anyway, I wish you all the best, and really hope that you may have many enjoyable Knife experiences in your future. It is so unfortunate, (your experience with the TAS II blade finish) as both of my HTM knives have the stonewash finish and in my truly humble opinion no one does it better than HTM. I was fortunate enough to snag a Hinderer XM-18 last month. It also has a stonewash finish. It is very, very nice, but the TAS II is a little better. So to you Mr duro I wish you fair winds and following seas and to the rest of us who are fans of Darrel Ralph (DDR) & HTM may we meet again someday in cyberspace . So Mr duro I must say over and out.

Could you guys at least post some pictures of DDR/HTM knives so that when others check the thread that there is something worthwhile?

Back