DART EDC Pre-order Thread -Orders Closed

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
This is the main order thread for my DART EDC.* I am really excited about this knife. I carry one exactly like it every day.* If I didn't think it was a great pattern it wouldn't be my personal EDC.* I have mine in a neck sheath, which means I have it with me even when I don't have pants on.* Don't worry, no pictures of that in this thread!* No one wants to see that, as my kids tell me every day.....

Like every knife I sell, it comes with my unconditional, no matter what, guarantee:
"If it breaks I will repair or replace it at no cost, for as long as I'm making knives.* No matter what.* The guarantee follows the knife.* I don't care if you're the fourth owner, the knife is still covered.* If it has my signature on the blade, it's covered."*

Once you get the knife, you're going to carry it all the time.* You won't want to put it down.* So what happens when the knife starts to look used??* Send it in for a free spa treatment!* You can do this as many times as you want.* What happens to your knife in the spa?

Spa Treatment
1.* It gets sharpened.
2.* The handle gets buffed.
3.* It gets cucumbers put over its eyes and gets put in a mud bath.

You only get to pick two of the above options.* Choose wisely.

Specifications for the Standard Model:
Steel:* CPM20CV, Crucible's version of B-U M390
Thickness: 1/8"
Overall Length: 6"
Blade Length: 2 1/2"

Sheath:
Kydex sheath by Hale Storm Custom Kydex included with every knife.* These are molded to each knife specifically and are guaranteed not to rattle like a mass produced sheath might.**
Standard Colors: Black, OD Green, Coyote Brown, or Desert Tan
Upgrade Colors: Gunmetal Gray, Hunter Orange, Hot Pink, Police Blue, or Zombie Green
Upgrade Patterns: ACU Digital Camo, Desert Tan Digital Camo, 6-Color Desert Camo (Desert Storm pattern), SuperCam/MultiCam, or Dutch Woodland Camo

The steel I've chosen to use on these knives is CPM20CV, which is a super high vanadium martensitic stainless.* It is super abrasion resistant which gives it extremely high edge holding capabilities.* It is also extremely stainless.* It is going to be hard to get this steel to rust in any way, even by downright abusing it.* It is my favorite steel right now and makes just an incredibly awesome knife.*

The knives are priced as follows.* There are base prices and then there are upgrades available for a little bit extra.* Those options really allow you to customize your blade.* If you want an option you don't see, let me know and we can discuss it.* I can do about anything you could think of.*

There is really only one way to do this, it's kind of like a cafeteria from school, but with better options.* If your schools were like mine, my knives probably taste better too.* However, I don't recommend eating them.* While damage from digestive acid is covered under my warranty, hospital visits are not.*

Pick your numbered options from each lettered section:

SECTION A:

CPM20CV base price is $ Not valid price anymore.** Clean belt finish is standard on all knives.
** ----Subtract $ Not valid price anymore. for 52100 carbon steel

SECTION B:
Choose your scale color.* Solid color G10 or single color with single contrasting liners are standard.**
Colors you can choose from, in any combination:

Black
Blue
Ruby Red
Toxic Green
Hot Pink
OD Green
Hunter Orange
Desert Tan

SECTION C: $ Upgrade prices subject to change next batch.
Upgrades.* Pick as many as you'd like.* This is your chance to make the knife even more special to you!* See something you want that isn't listed?* Get with me, I bet we can make it happen!*

Lanyard hole: $5, can be lined or unlined

Modification to blade shape or grind from the standard shape.* Start at $15 and priced on a per knife basis.* This might be as basic as an extra inch on the blade length to a tanto grind or a chisel grind, sheepsfoot blade shape, or even a deep belly skinner blade shape.

Longer standard handle option: $15, This adds about half an inch to the standard handle.* Makes a great woods knife for a day hike.* The full size handle let's you get a lot of leverage when you need it.*

Thumb Jimping: $15 I really recommend this upgrade.* This is done with a 20 line per inch checkering file and adds a lot of functionality to the knife without detracting from the overall appeal like some deep, half circle type jimping can.

Ferro notch: $15* Standard sized for a 1/4" fire steel.* Let me know if you want larger or smaller.*

Matching Ferro Rod:* $25 The Dart EDC is already a great knife to carry outdoors, a matching ferro rod makes it even better.** Heck, even if you want a rod that doesn't match, I'll do that too!

Fancy handle material: $7 extra for canvas/linen/paper micarta.* Wood, bone, ivory, other exotics priced per knife depending on what you would like.* You can always send me material to use for $15 per knife.

Contrasting G10 bolsters: $20, you choose flat or dovetailed.*

Stacked Liners: $7* This is also a great upgrade to really make your knife pop!* Take a knife with plain black G10 scales, add red liners and then add a stacked black liner underneath the red.* Just an example, but the options are endless.

Tapered tang: $25 Improves balance and visual appeal. Gives the knife a true custom look.*

Hand rubbed blade finish: $35 for 52100 and $50 for 20CV.

SECTION D:* $Upgrade prices subject to change next batch.

Sheaths

Upgraded Color:* $5

Upgraded Pattern: $6

One off or crazy cool sheath ideas:* Priced per knife.* I will put you in contact with Ronnie and he can make you anything your heart desires.* If you can dream it, he can make it.

I know you want to see pictures.* Take a look at this thread.* My 52100 prototype and Ronnie's 20CV prototype are on the second page.* My pictures are after my knife had been sharpened and carried and beat up pretty hard.* It definitely isn't new anymore!* Ronnie did his own scales.* The knife you receive you receive will have rounded front edges, the angled edges were Ronnie's choice.* I do not offer blades only, that was a special one time deal for the prototype.* The version I'm doing now does have a slightly longer blade, about 1/4" longer.* I like it a bit better as it seems to give a bit more reach to a small knife.**
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-a-fixed-blade-share-your-experiences!/page2?

This thread has pictures when my knife was new.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1200203-WIN1-Prototype-Necker

EDIT:* How about some pictures in this post?* Here you go!
IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

If you'd like any more information, please let me know.* I don't require any money upfront, just a firm commitment.* If you're interested I will add you to the list and I will keep you updated as I make progress.* If you want a longer handle or a different blade shape, place your order early so I can get it on this heat treat batch.* Once they're back, I will be contacting the people on the list, starting at the top, for their upgrade option choices.* Once the knife is completed, you will receive a notice, you send payment via USPS money order, cash, or PayPal and I send the knife.* You have seven days to inspect the knife.* If you want to return it for any reason, ship it back in new condition and I'll refund your purchase price.

I'm excited to make your knife!* Let's do this!

Brian Evans
Lead Designer, Chief Grinder, Head Janitor
Evans Knife and Tool

Standard disclaimer:* Listen up all you budding lawyers.* You're buying a knife.* It's going to be sharp.* It's going to be pointy.* It could cut you.* It could cut into or off very important body parts.* Guys, you know what I'm talking about........your pinky fingers.* What did you think I was going to say?* Anyway, don't do anything with this knife you wouldn't want your grandmother to see you doing.* If you get hurt using it, it's on you.

Back