Date for -110-

I have acquired a typical Buck 110 which has a dash on each side of the 110:

-110-

What year(s) does this indicate for manufacture???

That stamping is one of those that I think are especially special. It does not show up in the date code list. Goose and Larry are correct, it was done in 1992 to indicate a mid year change in the 110. It was a new design of some sort and only effected the 110.
In 1992, we were also making the 110 stag, the 560 xlti titanium, and the 426Bucklite III's. I would imagine that it is a possibility to see those models with the same date stamp although I have not seen or heard of one yet.

Joe Houser said:
That stamping is one of those that I think are especially special. It does not show up in the date code list. Goose and Larry are correct, it was done in 1992 to indicate a mid year change in the 110. It was a new design of some sort and only effected the 110.
In 1992, we were also making the 110 stag, the 560 xlti titanium, and the 426Bucklite III's. I would imagine that it is a possibility to see those models with the same date stamp although I have not seen or heard of one yet.
Joe,
Is there any indication that you can find that says exactly what the mid-year change was?
Mike

Mike Kerins said:
Joe,
Is there any indication that you can find that says exactly what the mid-year change was?
Mike
Hi Mike...
Upon some exhaustive research, I found that it was the addition of another "-" to the tang stamp.
You're Welcome...
Goose.
:D :D :D

Buckaholic said:
Hi Mike...
Upon some exhaustive research, I found that it was the addition of another "-" to the tang stamp.
You're Welcome...
Goose.
:D :D :D
Ahh There's one in every crowd! :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Joe Houser said:
Could it possibly be the change from ebony wood scales to the new, impregnated wood????

>Hi Mike...
>Upon some exhaustive research, I found that it was the addition of >another "-" to the tang stamp.
>You're Welcome...
>Goose.

Dang it, I wanted to say that! :p :p
Thats ok, I will keep that answer and use it later.

So far, I have not been able to determine the correct reason for the addition of the other dash. I suppose it could be something as simple as the change from Ebony to Obeechee, (spelled wrong?) The only note I have on the subject mentions a "new design 110 blade" which leads me to believe that it may be something unoticeable. I do know that sometime back we thickened up the tip slightly, maybe thats it?

Thanks for the comments Joe. I may just do some comparisons to see if I can figure it out.
Mike

Back