David Mary Seax

Triton

Gold Member
So I had seen some of David's designs and thought to myself, "I really like his blade designs I just wish he did a more traditional handle." Then I thought to myself, "I could do that." This is the result. Don't get me wrong, I understand that David is trying to create a performance blade. I was just trying something a little different. Hopefully you all like the result. In this case the handle and scabbard are all one piece of black walnut, all sanded down to 400 grit with two coats of tung oil applied. Unfortunately, these are just teaser pictures, I don't want to show off David's awesome blade because truth be told I had not oiled it up and got the fingerprints off when I took these pictures. More to come tomorrow...

My next project? Well, I'm thinking I might see if I can get David to take some thicker stock and make a traditional blade and then see what I can do with that... :)davidmary_seax1.JPG davidmary_seax2.JPG

Russ, this looks spectacular! Looking forward to more pics. ;)

Thanks! It was a fun project. My youngest had a soccer game tonight, so no good pictures yet, but soon!

I really like what you've done. I wouldn't even know where to start to try and make a handle like that. Quick question: Is it a fox, or a dragon? Something else?

In theory it's a sea dragon but I suppose it can be whatever you want. Also that is Mark VIII of the handle. You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed try, try, try, try try etc. again. :) Fortunately, the first seven attempts were scrap wood. I'll be reaching out about the next project via private message immediately.

Back