Day/Survival Kit

Here is my day kit contents with a modification suggestion to water bottle carriers in general...

[youtube]A1k_RdtC0h4[/youtube]​

Great looking kit, I think you have the basics and more covered.

Thanks for posting.

Bryan

well put together kit :) I had a lot of fun putting together my water bottle kit- went through probably a dozen + iterations

Looks like a great kit!

How does it carry? I'm picturing a fairly heavy rig banging into your side with every step? Does it carry up really high or do more of a dangle?

If the weight/carry bothers you at all, maybe something like a Camelback Mule would make it a little easier on long hauls.

I found a rather easy solution for mine, the short length of shock cord from a web dominator to a belt (or belt loop) keeps the bottle from flopping about

lower left of pic

annexclosed.jpg

Looks like a great kit!

How does it carry? I'm picturing a fairly heavy rig banging into your side with every step? Does it carry up really high or do more of a dangle?

If the weight/carry bothers you at all, maybe something like a Camelback Mule would make it a little easier on long hauls.

The only thing that bothers me with this carry is scrambling up a hill or climbing over stuff of which I remedy with a piece of 550 cord I keep attached to one clip... just wrap around my waist and tie back to the holder. Stays secure.

For daytrips, this is the best thing for me. I've tried everything else.

They still sell those Naglene bottle holders? I need a bit more room than my little maxperdition thing that I cannot remember the name of. Anyone use a legrig/subload for this purpose, say keep it in your car/work bag then bring it out if you need?

Back