DB vs GB?

Hey Everyone,
Have been lurking around the forums for a while and thought I would come out (no not like that:eek: ) to ask a few questions. I have been quite obsessed with Strider knives for a while now and am looking to get my first one. I really like the DB and the GB and I can't really decide. Now I know everyone says you'll eventually get both (or all), but the time between me getting multiple Striders would be far greater than the average knife connesuir with my lesser disposable income. So my first one will have to count for a while. I am not limited to just these, as I like almost all of the Striders (though a Seal2001 might be just a little out of my price range:D). What it really boils down to is best price/performance (which most Striders already have) and concealability and being able to carry with ease. Any reccomendations or answers would be most helpful. Also, can you carry the DB with its teklok sheath IWB?

Thanks,

Joel

Please forgive the short answer, but you can't go wrong with the DB or the GB. My favorite Strider is my AR. Right after that comes my DB. It's VERY concealable and can be found used for a small price. BTW, I take the TekLok off to carry my DB IWB. I use 3 black zipties to hold it together, works great. One other thing, I sharpened my DB, and all my Striders, on my Edge Pro. My DB, once sharpened to it's full potential, is way beyond scary sharp. Strider makes the best Americanized Tanto blades out there. Period.

My first strider was a DB & I still absolutely love it. It is a great blade. That being said, while I don’t yet have a GB it’s on the short list. I just love the thought of seeing sheeple wet themselves when I wip it out! :D Obviously, both are great blades; so the real question here is how do you plan to use it? Do your local laws allow for you to carry a fixed blade? That alone could make your choice for you. Good luck w/ your decision.
D/R

I have an AD which is similar to the SA and I love it. I usually recommend it (SA) to people who want a small concealable fixed blade. Not a tanto, but here is a pic anyway.

fdeecd84.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. I live in Texas, so as long as the knife has a blade under 5.5 inches then it is legal to carry. I think I'll probably get the DB as it is $100 cheaper, which is $100 more to my next Strider purchase(maybe an SA, Shelby;)). Thanks again.

Well do you want a fixed blade or a folder? What are you going to use it for? I prefer to carry a GB because I can't always have a fixed blade on me. I think your intended use should determine which you get.

S.

Back