• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

DCL knives Cruwear Blank

fq55

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Something a little different.

I purchased two blanks from knife maker DCL last year and had one finished by Phillip Patton. I have been holding on to this one as a future project but it’s been a while and maybe someone else here can use it.

knife blank is in CPM CruWear and heat treated by Peters.

All it needs is scales an edge and final finishing/buffing touches.

Blade length is about 5” and OAL just over 10”. It’s made from .198” stock.

asking for SOLD shipped including fees.

B689D0A1-20A1-406D-AA94-7F74BDE3000D.jpeg 30EF2D69-B955-4F45-93D3-29F118068BB4.jpeg 138B6164-22CF-482F-89A5-18ABF24CEB87.jpeg

Last edited:
Sold and shipped. Thank you.

I received the Cruwear blank and it's absolutely great. Exactly what I was hoping it would be. I've worked with several blanks in the past but this is the best quality one I've had so I'm really stoked about finishing it.
I've also provided positive feedback for you and would appreciate if you could do the same for me.
Thanks!
Ben

Myztro Myztro thanks for posting this! That’s awesome. My cruwear blank thag I had finished takes on a wicked edge. Enjoy!

Myztro Myztro thanks for posting this! That’s awesome. My cruwear blank thag I had finished takes on a wicked edge. Enjoy!
Yeah, this thing took literally hours to profile to an 18 degree angle on my KME, but man does it shave! Since Cruwear is so tough I’m hoping an edge like that will still take some abuse compared to other steels. Now I just need to finish the sheath and I should have one heck of a camp knife!

Back