De-assisting a 470 Emissary ?

Hi, I have a benchmade 470 emissary which I love, but I would love it 100x more if it could be de-assisted. Has anyone done this? Do you think that benchmade will do it for me if I send it in? Any and all tips are appreciated. Thank you.

It's called a Benchmade 707Sequel. Had one and loved it. it was FAST and Flawless. My daughter has it now. Someone at her work lifted her Kershaw Cryo. So I felt that she needed to take a step up in her choice of edc.

It can be done, i just de-assisted my Volli. Just gotta take it apart, remove the coil spring that's around the pivot and the safety and put it back together. Im pretty sure it'll void the warranty if you do it and i don't think benchmade would do it for you.

Might want to try searching this forum. I seem to remember pictures of a member partially disassemblying his 470 and deciding that it would cause some sort of problem if he de-assisted it.

It's very similar, but the 770 has a slightly shorter/thicker blade (and it is out of production).

No problem. It's a great little knife by the way. I liked everything about it except for the assisted action.

Edit:
It is possible to de-assist these without too much trouble. Details added to linked thread.

Last edited:
Back