Dealing with Papathud is first rate

Ad

I just bought a bead blasted Assault Shaker from Mr. Andre DuMouchel a few days ago. I specified via e-mail and phone that I wanted one with a real sharp pointy tip. He lined me up just right, and sold me a custom Duratec sheath that fits perfectly. Everything about this rig is EXACTLY what I wanted.

He delievered the blade to my door within one day (we don't live far from each other). He then called me to inquire as to my satisfaction. Needless to say, I am very, very satisfied with the entire transaction. Andre and I BS'd for a while about blades and (real) wrestling. This is the 3rd knife I have bought off him, and everytime it has been a first rate transaction and a good gab.

Any of you guys oversees who are looking for a blade right away would be well served by going through Mr. DuMouchel.

Ad, congrats on your new knife! :) A blasted Assault Shaker eh? I only remember seeing one other that wasn't coated, sounds like you picked yourself up a fairly unique Busse :D

Congrats Ad:D

Did you happen to pick up one with the false grind on top of the point/spine?

I must agree completely, Andre is top notch and good people. I am very pleased with my Steelheart and his assistance and guideance where indispensible.
John

Thanks for the congrats, guys. The AS does not have the false edge, but it has a VERY sharp tip nonetheless. It feels great in the hand, is beautiful to look at, and is very comfortable to carry. Andre did something to the cord necklace that I had never seen before. He tied it with two knots (I guess you could call them slipknots) that make the necklace adjustable. So essentially you have two strands of cord behind you neck, but one strand coming down each side of your neck. When you yank on the blade to pull it out, the two strands (even though they are adjustable) are strong enough to support that yank, and the blade pops out. I had never seen anything like this before. It's an example of simple genius that I would never have figured out in a million years if I haden't seen it. Needless to say, I am very, very pleased with the rig.

Andre turned me on to the Busse line over a year ago. I now own five
Infi Bastards...all like family, each one of them...He's always treated me strait up and honorably...yardboy

I think this is the kind of cord necklace Ad is talking about:

9206996-794d-02000180-.jpg

9207011-472b-02000180-.jpg

Very simple design. Just make a loop the approximate size you want the necklace (remember, it's adjustable), but have the ends of the cord overlap six/twelve (whatever) inches or so. Then, just make a knot (I just used granny knots ;) ) where the overlapping cords hit the loop of cord. Make the knots as tight as you want, you can still adjust the necklace. Also, as Ad said, you can still pull, for example, an AS out of its sheath fine (the necklace's length is not affected).

sorry no pic

Did it look exactly like this I have been doing these for a while, weird :confused: they work very well & I was told there were only 5 of the bead blasted AS's because they were a pain.hope this helps ;)

Mine looks like that, except the sheath is black. Were there only 5 bead blasted AS's made?!? If so, I got a gem. More thanks to Andre.:)

Back