Weight --43 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
Steel guard, bolster, buttcap and tip
Chiruwa style horn handle with three pins
Red leather scabbard
Strong and steady Sword for your collection at $245. *SOLD*
3-18-11%20001.jpg

3-18-11%20002.jpg

Beautifully done 18 inch 29 ounce Bandhuk Knife by Rajkumar the (prince).
Chiruwa style horn handle with steel gaurd. Red leather scabbard. Add to your ongoing collection at $200 even. *SOLD*
3-18-11%20003.jpg

3-18-11%20004.jpg

3-18-11%20005.jpg

3-18-11%20006.jpg

3-18-11%20007.jpg

Tibetan purple woolen hat for $23
3-18-11%20008.jpg

Tibetam woolen hat for $23
3-18-11%20009.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Well whaddaya know.... I happened to be sitting at the computer for today's deal. Too bad none of this was on my shopping list ;)

Someone's gonna grab a VERY beautiful knife!!

E-mail sent for hats.

Got them.

Money sent for hats and two falcata fund spots; should only be three spots left.

Last edited:
Kenniets the bandhuk might be a good choice for you as it is easy to swap to left handed carry without the karda and chakma.

Sure, first time I check and I miss a nice purple hat.

Oh well, hope she brought a bunch of those back with her.

Heinlein you're right.... but as Cpl Punishment said: The Khuk has to call to you, and this one just isn't shoutin' my name.

The Russians have a phrase that still kinda makes sense in English. They say, there are roads we choose, and roads that choose us. I think this principle applies to khukuris =)

As far as left-handed carry, I figure it'll be OK, I'll get a custom sheath made and I can save the fancier one as a backup.

I'm too slow. That tarwar is exactly what I was looking for :(

I really like the handle on that Tarwar. Tapers nicely and beautiful carved patterns in the horn. Mine look plain in comparison.

Norm

Hey Warty, glad to see you again. Where ya been and how ya doin'?

Yangdu's been puttin' hats up pretty regularly lately. Maybe she's got another purple one for you.

I really like the handle on that Tarwar.

Yes it is beautiful but it is also one of the new style Chiruwa grips which add extra girth and bring the Tarwars total weight up by over half to three quarter of a pound beyond the previous style.

New ones seem to be around 43 ounces compared to the older styles which were around 29-34 ounces. That is a lot of extra weight and must change the handling characteristics of the Tarwar in ways which would affect is use, especially for extended periods?

I have to say - I find myself looking forward to the DOTD posts every afternoon, excited to see what kind of one-of-a-kind and unique pieces ms. Yangdu has for us. Sometimes it really gets me through the day, ha ha!

Back