Deals for 7/32 --Pix Amar Singh Thapa Knife, Seax and Great Buys

i used to live about a mile from the tennessee river, decautur, no. alabama - good catfishin'.
View attachment 459454

used to occasionally stop at a place called the river club, they had a dock on the river. just outside decatur in the way to huntsville, lots of varmints there. they attempted to have everyone check their weapons at the door. didn't always work. mean critters habituated there. got even worse at night.

didn't get chased by a cotton mouth till is was stationed in new orleans & travelled out on the bayous and backwwaters. aggressive little tykes. most we ever counted in one day was twenty. about 15 stickin' there heads outa holes in the levee hissing as we hiked along it, then 5 in the water. one chased us and tried to jump in the skiff we were using to get on a barge we werre gonna inspect.

saw my first rattler in east texas tho i used to hear them a lot at granny pope's in cullman county. my sister in law was bit by one in the hand pickin' okra. the snake was smart enough not to envenom her. she was a very rekigious person. it wouldn't dare.

Last edited:
Another seax, stop baiting me.

Temptation removed-they appeared to be still there in the morning (UK time) so EMS for Trisul and Seax-if available, they will join a 25" Kumar Kobra and a Cherokee Rose on the transatlantic trip to a new home in the UK.

By the way , you think YOU guys have a problem with dates-here in the UK the custom is to write as day/ date as in 24/7 not 7/24 US style.

Viva la difference!

By the way , you think YOU guys have a problem with dates-here in the UK the custom is to write as day/ date as in 24/7 not 7/24 US style.

Viva la difference!

i've always had a problem with the way we do dates back home. europe and most of the rest of the world use dd/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy. a logical progression. japan uses yyyy/mm/dd which sorts best (on a pc).

after being in the service i decided the best unambiguous way was the dd mmm yy or yyyy format, used in the military, ie. today is 24 JUL 14 or 24 JUL 2014

the hatchie river is actually the last non channeled river in the continental USA , its allowed to meander in a national park( or state can't remember)-- and its a big attraction for deer hunters, they come from all over to hunt in this county, we have a couple of rare fish like the stripe eyed minnow, native to only these waters.

Last edited:
i used to live about a mile from the tennessee river, decautur, no. alabama - good catfishin'.
View attachment 459454

used to occasionally stop at a place called the river club, they had a dock on the river. just outside decatur in the way to huntsville, lots of varmints there. they attempted to have everyone check their weapons at the door. didn't always work. mean critters habituated there. got even worse at night.

didn't get chased by a cotton mouth till is was stationed in new orleans & travelled out on the bayous and backwwaters. aggressive little tykes. most we ever counted in one day was twenty. about 15 stickin' there heads outa holes in the levee hissing as we hiked along it, then 5 in the water. one chased us and tried to jump in the skiff we were using to get on a barge we werre gonna inspect.

saw my first rattler in east texas tho i used to hear them a lot at granny pope's in cullman county. my sister in law was bit by one in the hand pickin' okra. the snake was smart enough not to envenom her. she was a very rekigious person. it wouldn't dare.

nice cats, how big were they? caught on rod and reel or noodlin?

nice cats, how big were they? caught on rod and reel or noodlin?

actually they were caught in spain. they grow huge and are a pest there. just stuck them in for a joke. cats we caught in alabama were a tad smaller. :) i hear the spanish ones don't taste very good.

Man Kron, I was calculating the amount of lard I would need to heat up and the gallons of potato salad I would have to make for THAT fish fry. But if they taste like those pesky farm raised ones forget it. Nasty chemically tasting things compared to good old cats we caught when I was growing up.

Dont let him fool ya Shav! You know they came out of his moat. Probably lurking under the drawbridge waiting for dire wolf scraps.
actually they were caught in spain. they grow huge and are a pest there. just stuck them in for a joke. cats we caught in alabama were a tad smaller. :) i hear the spanish ones don't taste very good.

wells catfish. they are good eating. altho they have been known to attack divers near dams where the spawn up. google river monsters wells catfish to see proof of man eating catfish.

Dont let him fool ya Shav! You know they came out of his moat. Probably lurking under the drawbridge waiting for dire wolf scraps.

Oh He has it like that eh? I always wanted a moat. Something I could fill with sharktopi to keep the dang neighborhood kids/dogs from destroying my yard muahahaha..<cough> umm where was I? oh..yeah a moat Nice! :D

shh! if you tell everyone, they'll come visit. the moat monster and dire wolves are fat enough as it is.

p.s. - the dire wolves, moat monster and especially the giant piranha catfish were first mentioned in the 'bought me a dha'thread here (<-linky) after threats of a raid on my armoury. (see especially post 42). and continued life in a few more threads, i think it was last mentioned in the 'doggie' thread when the new alpha female took over in january.

p.p.s. - if you really want a moat, here's a nice example:
View attachment 459780

you can even 'drive' around the village with google earth street view. (bourtange, netherlands)

Last edited:
Enjoyed the look back to the dha thread. It came about a couple months before I found the forum and I enjoyed reading more about one of my favorite regional blades. Yes, that definately is a spectacular example of a moat. I fear mine would have to be a bit less dramatic and visually appealing. Just a standard deep ditch filled with murky water and some moldering plant remains and some fearsome beasties.

Back