Deals missed/ 21" Chitlangi arrives/Kami?

Well, since I last logged on quickly on the 9th Uncle Bill has sold a dozen beaties at reduced prices! I saw that 15.5" AK today but missed it by a few hours. Damn... I'm just going to have to check in every few hours or so; of course then I will just go broke that much faster, even at these greatly reduced prices. Better slow down...

Anyway, my first purchase 21" Chilangi arrived on Saturday in what seemed like record time. What a beauty! For comparison purposes I have a Cold Steel Kukri that weighs almost 10 ounces _less_ than this blade, and yet the Chitlangi feels lighter! The balance and handling are both superb. I just need to get an edge on it now, so am proceeding carefully in that regard. The big wood handle could not fit my hand better if it were custom made for me. I have big hands and am a pretty good sized person (6' 8") and feel like I could carry this blade all day and cut down a tree with it if I had to. The sheath also fits the blade perfectly, which was a concern, and the metal work on the sheath and butt cap is just beautifully done.

If anyone knows the Kami's name then please let me know. The mark on the blade is R. then a small stylized swastika, then R. again. I hope to finally get a digital camera soon, and then will upload a picture for you. However, that might have to wait; a good digital camera is at least 3 Khukuri's! (I know I'm in trouble when I start valuing items in terms of the number of Kuks I could buy instead!)

Regards,

Svashtar

That mark is the Amtrak kami's, sorry I can't remember his name at the moment. He does nice work, they all do.

to the cantina!

As fer the 21" Chit, they are good mosters.

"If that's the sort of khuk you like, then you're gonna like that sort of khuk"--not so old and timeless khuk proverb.

Keith

Back