Dear Ron, could you help with this?

Got a broken set of power pliers.

View

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=808839&a=5878050&p=23724776

Here's the story of how I broke it. I was removing a boot clip from the sheath of a TOPS street scalpel when all of a sudden I felt a tremendous "give way" feeling. I heard a ping then a thud and then I found the other piece of the pliers head on the rug. I really love this multi-tool but I am afraid to buy another. Is the TINI version more resistant to breakage?

[This message has been edited by paranoid9999 (edited 07-03-2000).]

Hi Paranoid,

Thanks for the message and for sharing your concern. I'm sorry you are having problems with your PowerPlier. This is quite rare! I noticed by your picture that you have one of the first models of the PowerPlier and changes have been made to strengthen it. Please be assured that your product is under a lifetime warranty.

Please send your product back to:

SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.
Warranty Department
6521~212th ST SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036

When you return it, please do the following: 1) Include a brief note inside the package outlining what product you are returning, the claimed defects, and the circumstances in which it faltered; 2) on that note, put your name, return address, daytime phone number, and email address; and 3) insure your package for the full retail value of the contents.

Our commitment to you is to restore your product to you in a timely manner so that it can resume its vital role in your day-to-day life. Accordingly, our current turn-around time in-house for repairs is 10-15 working days (or less).

You asked if the TiNi version would be any less resistant to breakage...the answer is no. That is only a coating and does not add to the structural integrity of the tool.

If there is anything else we can do for you, either email us back, or call the friendly people in our Consumer Services Department at (888) SOG BEST or (425) 771-6230, extensions 229 or 240.

Thanks for your post.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

Hi Ron,

I hope everything is all right? According to USPS the powerpliers have been delivered. Here the tracking information:

You entered 03102990000437664396

Your item was delivered at 4:11 pm on July 10 in LYNNWOOD WA 98036.
Here is what happened earlier:

July 10 5:27 am ARRIVAL AT UNIT LYNNWOOD WA 98036

July 6 11:22 am ACCEPT OR PICKUP PEARL CITY HI 96782

OK, no problem...If you give me a call in the office on Monday or Tuesday, I'll give you a better status of where it is in the process. I've been out of the office for the past two weeks, so I personally have not handled or seen your return. But I'm sure it is in the process of repair/replacement and should soon be on its way back to you.

Ron@SOG
Ron Andersen
(888) SOG BEST, ext. 228

------------------

Hello Ron. I have not called you but am wondering if you could check on the status of the powerpliers? Its been about two weeks since they arrived at SOG so someone should know something about them now even though I realize that lots of product may be there going through processing. I invite you to contact me through private e-mail if you need any more information. Thanks in advance.

Hi Paranoid,

I'd love to check into the status of your repair, but without your name, I am unfortunately unable to do so without that valuable "little" piece of information.

Give me a call and I'll take care of this for you ASAP. 888.SOG.BEST, ext. 228.

Ron@SOG
Ron Andersen

------------------

The tin man went to Emerald City and got a shiny new heart (pocketwatch, really). I sent my faithful set of powerpliers to SOG and it was worked on thoughfully.
View

Here's what happened to old faithful courtesy of the wizards at Emerald City, err, I mean SOG :
View

Thanks Ron!

[This message has been edited by paranoid9999 (edited 08-09-2000).]

Back