Recommendation? Decent wallet knife

Im looking for ideas on a good wallet knife. My current knife in my wallet is a Kutmaster lockback.

same as this knife i was trying to figure out about it earlier....
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/trying-to-find-info-about-this-knife.1464422/

The problem that i have with this knife is the handle is uncomfortable. The blade itself is only about 2 inches long, with the handle about the length of my wallet folded. It is quite thin at about the thickness of 2 quarters but has a solid lock and feel to it.

I was wondering if there was any knives that are decent, but thin enough to slide into a stretched card slot of a wallet.

Last edited:
For that form factor, I recommend the Boker Kubasek credit card knife, it is very thin, and in the average wallet you will forget its there. Ergos are not great, but at the size you can't complain.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BO...satin-blade-gray-titanium-handle-with-g10-end

xkTSe09.jpg

NV6rxwE.jpg

ive heard of this knife before. But based on reviews it seemed more like a novelty knife. The Kutmaster i have snaps open simiar to a buck 110 solidly. I was looking for more something firm than flimsy.

Is a fixed blade an option?

If so, consider the ESEE AH-1.

SVVdaD8.jpg

Although this one has other considerations, because it's sharpened on both edges. Which I suppose makes it a dagger, if the man with the badge wants to give you a bad time.

The TOPS Mini-ALRT could work, too.

krKQ9Ic.jpg

Further into the "value" area of the market is the Gerber GDC knife. Even comes with it's own sheath.

y1grBxI.jpg

If you prefer a folder, Boker makes the Subcom in a bunch of different flavors and colors.

yvWuHZ0.jpg

Chad Los Banos has collaborated with Boker for a lot of other small fixed and folding blade knives. Maybe give 'em a look.

(I use image search to get most of the pictures I post. I have no idea how big they're going to be)

No ptoblems with this jurassic wallet thingy.
Just try not to waltz into a high security check point and then try to claim complete innocence and ignorance of the consequences that might follow.

Do you intend this to be your primary edc knife?

If not, I’d recommend a Victorinox SwissCard. It’s definitely a light duty knife, but it makes a great wallet sized back up to a full size folder. Plus it gives you the benefits of having a pair of scissors, nail file, screwdriver, pen, and a few other small tools.

I use a Boker pelican as a money clip in the front pocket occasionally. It's not a great knife and it's too expensive for what it is, but it will cut. Poor grinds, stupid thin and small plastic washers. Poor action. But I've gone through a detector with it twice without issues. Though tbo it should have thrown signs so don't expect it to work for you.

This is not my everyday carry. I have tried a swisscard before, but the knife i think is horrible. Which was the main focal point of the swisscard.

The boker pelican pricetag seems a little high for a wallet knife for my budget.

AG Russell makes a titanium (other materials as well) lockback that should fit nicely in a wallet.

Alox Swiss army knives. I have a single layer alox Wenger with two blades that's quite thin. Though an alox Victorinox Classic could be a good wallet knife.

I have an alox Cadet in my wallet. Though it's on the outer keyring pocket attached by a swivel clasp to my Chums surf wallet.

Back