Deejo Knives. Anyone have one?

Bob W

Basic Member
I ordered one on a whim, needed the additional purchase to make the Free Shipping minimum. Anyone have one? Worth the price, even if just for a novelty?
Just wondering what to expect. Couldn't find anything in the forum search...

With 98 views and no replies, looks like I'm the guinea pig this time. :)

The Deejo arrived this week and I just took it out of the package this evening to check it out. The Deejo is available in 3 sizes, designated by varying "g" letters (grams?). The medium size (27g) is available in different colored plastic handles or plain, and only the largest (37g) is available in decorative wood strips or plain. The smallest size (15g) is available in a plain handle only. Prices range from $19-$29. Mine is the larger 37g size with a decorative strip of granadilla wood.

The mechanism is essentially a frame lock with a skeletal frame. The Deejo has a pocket clip and comes over-packaged in a clear-covered box with a stuff sack and two pamphlets.

My initial opinion is that this, although it looks like a novelty, is a pretty well put together knife. The frame lock is very secure. The knife has no wobble, wiggle, rattle, or jiggle. The blade, although 'only' 420 steel is nicely finished with a fine edge and very pointy tip. From-factory sharpness is average; it easily slices paper but not cleanly. The pocket clip is a bear trap monster. The action of the blade opening and closing is a bit stiff, but is not gritty at all.

1CB0041.jpg

I'm a bit late here, but I have the small sized one. It fits in my wallet. It was definitely worth the purchase. The fairly soft steel was very easy to reprofile to a finer edge.

I just went back and bought one I saw before Christmas, the large, 37 gram with juniper highlight. Talk about blade-to -handle ratio! I like the tight clip for attaching to a sleeve cuff or such.
I paid more than OP and still like the knife.

Don't have mine handy at the moment, but it's 3.75" according to the specs at Knifeworks. OAL, 8". Closed length, 4-3/8".

Just ordered one. Any more thoughts on the Deejo or the Deejo Tattoo series. I got the 37 Gram Feather tattoo blade.

Back