• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Deep carry / low ride titanium clips for Spyderco knives - Delica, PM2, Manix, etc.

XLjhbsu.jpg
dNk9vgr.jpg
nurprBX.jpg
oug0aNZ.jpg
dsm6LvR.jpg

Thanks everyone for your patience waiting on these. I'm really sorry about the delay and the long time it took getting this run up and going.

These are a continuation of the clips posted here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...a-Paramilitary-2-Police?highlight=casey+shirt

They're made of grade 5 6AL-4V titanium, sandwashed, and hand formed one at a time. They'll fit any Spyderco with the common 3-hole pattern - so knives like the Delica, Endura, PM2, Police, Stretch, Domino, Gayle Bradley, Manix, Chockwe, Native, Yojimbo, Salt, Szabo, etc.

There are a couple differences in this run from the last run.

- These are .040" ti, rather than the .032" ti of the last run, to make them a little more stiff, and a little less springy.

- The 'neck' has been lengthened to help them sit just a shade deeper in the pocket, as well as to alleviate some of the distortion effect forming had on the large access hole in the last run (a cosmetic-only issue, and minor, but I wanted to fix it).

- There are 2 length options: the 'original' shorter length (1st image), and a longer 'leg' for FRN-handled knives like the Delica, Endura, Stretch, etc., (2nd - 4th image). The pinch point on the new longer version hits on the smooth Spyderco logo, just like the OEM clip. This long clip is also better for knives like the Domino, where the pinch point is a specific area on the scale (to miss a lockbar cutout or relief).
The shorter length is the same as the original clip, and (in my opinion) works better than the long version on knives with non-FRN handles like the PM2, Police, Galye Bradley, etc. I think it works better since there is less surface area to get hung up on seat belts, tree branches, desks, significant others, etc.

- There are some anodizing options available. I am not an expert by any means, but I can get some blues, purples, bronzes, very light greens, and greys. I can also do fades or gradiations if anyone is interested. Wish I could get black, but I guess that is not possible via anodization. I'm not sure how tough the color will be. From my research, this type of anodization scratches and wears relatively easily.

- I can also 'flame anodize' them with a MAP torch. That's a spontaneous and inexact technique, so the color and the way the color disperses on the surface will vary.

- I tried out waterjet cutting this run rather than laser, so I wasn't able to get the feather logo etched. I am bummed about that. Sorry if anyone wanted the logo. If I get the chance to make another run, I'll go back to laser so I can get the logo back.

The clips are $16 ea for either length, with $2 shipping for any amount (international shipping is $6). If anyone is interested in anodization, add $2 per clip.

These are guaranteed for life. If you break it or tweak it or just don't like it, I'll refund your money or send you a new clip. I want everyone to be happy with their purchase, so if there is an issue I'll make it right.

My paypal is thelastleaf@fastmail.fm. In the "Notes" section, make sure to let me know what length you want, if you want any anodization, and your mailing address.

My goal is to get them out next day, but I am catching up with pre-orders, so it may take an extra couple days to get in the mail to you.

I will also be emailing everyone who has contacted me in the next couple days.

Thanks everyone for looking. Email me with any Qs.

Casey

Last edited:
btyU7xT.jpg
G4H5PhV.jpg

Here are some of the colors. The top of each clip was left un-anodized to show the contrast between the color and the plain titanium. The standard plain ti is sandwashed for a satin finish.
The clip on the bottom is the 'long' version, with a gradiated anodized finish.

Last edited:
I'd like one long, bronze, one long regular ti color, and one short light green. For shipping and two that are anodized, I believe that's $54.00. Paypal funds sent.

James

Hey, im glad to see they are done. Ive been thinking about this. I would like one in the length of the standard clip to match best to my sheath!
Thanks and PP ready.
Matt

Back