Definitely been bit

As the title says, I've definitely been bitten by the Spyderco bug. Starting June last year with an S110v PM2, I've just acquired my fourth today and there are 2-3 coming out that I have my eye on. Considering I only get a knife roughly every 3 months Spyderco has really had an effect on me.

My current collection consists of the following (on phone so no pics for now):
-Blurple S110v Paramilitary 2
-KW Exclusive Green CTS-204p Military
-Purple Delica
-KC Exclusive Brown CTS-XHP Manix 2 Lightweight

Still breaking the lock in on the Manix but my favorite so far is the Military. I've never had a liner lock with such smooth action and with all that cutting edge it's actually seen a good amount of food prep.

Just wanted to say how much I've come to love Spyderco and I'm trying to convert everyone I know who can appreciate a quality knife.

Very nice start! I have the Blurple PM2 and a Purple Delica as well. I'm really digging that PM2 and my other 3 are getting jealous of all the pocket time it's getting! Took some sandpaper to the edges of the scales and put a low ride clip on it and it is about perfection.

No messing around, jumping into it with the S110V PM2. I have been at it a hair longer, but our selection is very similar,
- PM2 M390
- Military 204P
- Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP
- Native 5 LW S35VN

Three on the way for me, once they are released.

I have been bit, and the anti venom is not working.

No messing around, jumping into it with the S110V PM2. I have been at it a hair longer, but our selection is very similar,
- PM2 M390
- Military 204P
- Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP
- Native 5 LW S35VN

Three on the way for me, once they are released.

I have been bit, and the anti venom is not working.
Just wondering if you like the 204p better than the xhp? I know they are different knives but any preference?

It's a sickness, but Spyderco knives are sooo good. I've been at it for three years now I think, and I have 26 Spyderco knives thus far. I'm getting pickier, but I definitely have a CruWear Para3 on preorder and was just thinking today that I'd like a SE Cricket...

It really says something that I love every one I've gotten and I really can't handle any before ordering them. There's two places near me that stock a handful but they know nothing about knives and they're so overpriced I feel awkward going in to just hold them.

It really says something that I love every one I've gotten and I really can't handle any before ordering them. There's two places near me that stock a handful but they know nothing about knives and they're so overpriced I feel awkward going in to just hold them.

I'm in a similar way, there just isn't any near where I live so it's all interweb research. So far I haven't met a Spyderco I didn't like.
After about 5 or 6 years I have these, plus another 4 Para 2's not shown here.

WT8kz80.jpg

Vja80Rv.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could afford more, but my small collection only has 3 brands that I've bothered to get more than 1 or 2 of. Because of 2 bulk deals, and super awesome prices, I own the highest number of Victorinox Swiss Army Knives, but Spyderco comes in second in numbers, but always #1 in preference!

I got 2 in the first week, then another one every month since March I think. I always carry a Spyderco. It's an obsession for sure!

Most of my knives are and probably always will be Spyderco knives. They make a mean production knife and are serious about delivering awesome products. From utility knives to rescue knives to kitchen knives to fighting or tactical knives; Sal has his game on smash.

Well I keep selling mine (And keep regretting it) to fund my next spyderco... quite the expensive hobby here in Germany.
Funny enough the Spyderco which has been the longest in my possession is the cf/g10 dog tag. Such an awesome box opener.

I'm in a similar way, there just isn't any near where I live so it's all interweb research. So far I haven't met a Spyderco I didn't like.
After about 5 or 6 years I have these, plus another 4 Para 2's not shown here.

DSC00301_zpsjlhhq8oh.jpg
Some one likes pm2

Ha! Welcome to the tribe, man. My first "good" knife was a PM2 and while I got a few knives from other companies to try out, I rarely leave the house without a Spyderco in my pocket.

I couldn't be anymore satisfied with them as I am. My favorite thing about them is that they're always evolving. The day Spyderco goes stagnant will be the day the world stops turning.

Ha ha! Say goodbye to your retirement!

In all seriousness though let me give you a little word of advice. When I first got into knife collecting I wanted any knife that looked cool to me. Thus there was very little rhyme or reason in what I bought. A ton of them were Spydercos and I am in no way regretting buying them. However now that I am more knowledgeable and experienced I know more what I am looking for in a knife. There are knives I have bought that I probably wouldn't have if I had known more about what I liked in a knife at the time.

Here's the tricky part, sometimes it is hard to know what you love in a knife until you have bought a bunch and tried them out to determine what you like and what you don't. For me it is mostly "tacticlol" knives be them folders or smaller concealable fixed blades and also EDC type knives (again folders or fixed) that are good for city carry. That doesn't mean I don't have larger fixed blades that I like, just that the majority of my knives are not big choppers.

Good luck out there. Spyderco doesn't make it easy because they put out so many outstanding knives.

Lapedog out!

Just wondering if you like the 204p better than the xhp? I know they are different knives but any preference?

Can't easily compare them, as I use them differently. The Manix became my beater, so I tend to sharpen it more. The Military is used mainly for food prep and some wood whittling. I have no complaints about either steel.

Speaking of bit, the new Delica and Endura...

I am with you brother. My wife keeps asking me 'why do you need another knife?' Sorry it is just a sickness and there is no way to explain it. But if you have to have a vice Spyderco is the way to go.

Back