Deglazer Alternative?

I'm almost out of deglazer for leather. I was wondering if there's an alternative that works just as good. Something like either rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol or maybe acetone. Although as I understand it, acetone leaves a residue. Just wondering what everyone else uses.

I use 70% rubbing alcohol most of the time for the last 40+ years - you can also add some lemon juice to the mix - about an 8th cup per quart and you can also use denatured instead for a bit stronger solution. For more stubborn problems I use acetone and any film is easily removed by rubbing.

Thanks! Fortunately I have all 3 on hand and they're much cheaper than Fiebings deglazer!

I use alcohol as well, Been wanting to try that 90% that I used to use when I was print making. Pretty volatile stuff, but effective.

I fear acetone after the horror stories we got from my Professor in college, always wear gloves with that stuff.

Yes acetone (even though the body makes acetone) can be nasty stuff but so can alcohol, even 70% rubbing alcohol shows up in the liver within fifteen minutes of contact - and yes please all take caution when using ANY chemicals - while long term exposure is bad but even short term can cause problems. FWIW I was diagnosed with stage two (stage 3 is cirrhosis) liver disease about 18 years ago and the culprit was/is exposure to chemicals used in leather and wood finishing, it has caused some severe long term problems that are irreparable and have made some major changes in my lifestyle so PLEASE all beware..........

Back