Delica 3 SE factory resharpen?

Can Spyderco still put a new factory edge on an old delica 3 serrated edge? Just wondering since they have been discontinued for a while.

I would absolutely assume yes. Shipping in on your dime, plus $5 return shipping (unless it has changed recently), and my guess is you will be extremely happy.

This is an email response from my inquiry in 2013; you need to confirm this info & make sure it's current. Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------
If your knife just needs a basic sharpening regardless of edge style, the sharpening is free; however, there is a $5 shipping and handling fee. $5 will cover shipping on both knives.

If your knife needs to be re-serrated, re-tipped or any other non-warranted repairs then it would be $20. (per knife) plus the $5.00 for shipping. (If the tip break is very small we may be able to fix it with just a basic sharpening). Here is a link to our warranty page http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/index.php?item=10

When you send your knife in please include cash (US currency) , check or money order (US) for $5 shipping fee (plus $20 if you are sending it in for re-serration, re-tipping or repairs) a note stating what you’d like done to your knife along with your name, daytime phone number (that you can be reached at in case we have any questions or there’s a problem) and a return address (no P.O. Box’s please, unless you are Military or live out of the US )

Unless there is a problem we do not notify you upon arrival or departure of your knife. We are currently at a 3-4 week turn around. Spyderco cannot be responsible for items that do not arrive to us. When mailing your knife you should send it in a box (knives have a way of working out of padded envelopes).

Spyderco
Attn Repair
820 Spyderco Way

Golden CO 80403

Thank you and have a great day,

Charlynn
Spyderco Customer Service /Warranty/Repair
-----------------------------------------------------

~Chris

That's exactly how I did it. I could shave hair on my arm when my knife came back, although I'm sure that is not recommended by Sal & Company. It didn't take long either.

Back