Delica /Endura 4 Flyweight Titanium (aftermarket) Scales

I tried a search about these but could not find much info. Anyone have experience with the aftermarket flyweight titanium scales for Delica/Enduras? Is the conversion complicated/require fitting? How is the worksmanship and finish? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

Ive taken both a Delica and an Endura apart. YT vids made it look easy but contrary to some other Spyderco models that Ive taken apart, it didnt go as easy as planned. There is a reason, why Spyderco advised against taking their knives apart.
I installed scales from Wise Men Company on a Delica. They are not ti but alu. The scales had a hole in the side which caught my pinky on occasion. This was annoying. The scales you want may of course be of a different construction.

The things is that you get used to the low weight of both the Delica and the Endura with stock FRN scales. One of the good things about the Delica for example is that you can clip it to summer weight pants/shorts and forget it is there. Even the relative light weight of alu scales (or the low weight of ti scales) will make the Delica noticably heavier. This of course wont bother everybody.
For the reasons above, I yanked the aftermarket scales and am perfectly happy with the stock FRN scales on my Delicas and my Ednura.

Personally I wont be installing aftermarket scales on my Delicas or Endura. I have bought brass and ti scales for other Spyderco models and quite like them. But the same thing applies; the low weight of the stock PM2 is just so dang nice. I like the brass and ti scales but prefer the low weight of my stock PM2 with CF scales for pocket carry.

How ever, many of us here like aftermarket scales, have had no problem installing them and dont mind the slightly added weight.

If you do go for a set of aftermarket scales, do check out forum member BOOMER52. I dont know if he makes ti scales but his scales looks great and he is super friendly and nice to deal with.

I have the Flytanium scales on a Delica, both CF and titanium,and I like them a lot.

Since I didn't have a "donor" Delica, or ability to disassemble and reassemble knives, I ordered them pre-installed from Blade HQ. Other than the blade being a tad off center on the titanium one, they arrived just perfect.

They were pretty much my most carried Delicas until the Blue M390 version showed up. :)

Wish Flytanium would make Ti scales for the Endura, but they don't. Delica is too small for me.

Conversion for the Delica should be easy if you also buy the Flytanium Delica Ti back-spacer. If you keep the original Nylon one, it's more finicky, easy to break.

Back