1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Delica g10

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Zookie, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    So I finally bought one of my must have spydercos, the g10 delica. I knew I've wanted it since I bought the frn delica a few months ago. After falling in love with the frn version I figured id love the g10 version right? Wrong! After carrying it a handful of times I soon found my self going right back to my beloved frn delica.

I'm pissed because I really wanted to love the g10 delica, but now I know why the production model is frn instead of g10. It's a lot lighter, it carries better, and seems a bit thinner. Has anyone had a similar experience or am I crazy for not digging this version?

2. wuyeah

wuyeah

Sep 29, 2005
    you can always sell the Delica G-10 to me :)

3. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    I had a similar experience with the G10 Endura. The fit, finish, and style of the knife was incredibly nice but it just didn't feel as good in the hand as my FRN Endura. As nice as some knives are at the end of the day they're just tools and function/comfort come before appearance (unless you're just collecting).

-Shag

4. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    Ok! You can email me ;)

Yea it does look awesome, but I tend to wanna use my knives instead of just l looking at um.

5. wuyeah

wuyeah

Sep 29, 2005
    About one advantage of G-10 over FRN, the FRN trap dirt easily.
    FRN spyderco are fantastic and hard to beat overall user experience.

6. Talum15

Talum15 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I've always loved the G-10 so much so that I even swapped the blade with hollow ground zdp-189. Best of both worlds combo for me, with heavy built frame & thicker blade. Still have the FRN for lighter carry though... Either way, can't beat the Delica for ease of carry:thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  7. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    That's a great idea. One thing that was nice about the g10 version was that it did feel sturdier and had no blade play unlike the frn delica is known for. So having that thicker hollow ground zdp blade would be a killer combo!

The reason I carry the delica is for its lightweight and ease of carry so that's why I don't like the g10 as much. If I need a sturdy thick blade I'll put my delica back in my pocket, and wip out my Les George VECP ;).

8. wlifter123

wlifter123

Oct 16, 2002
    I'd take an frn delica over the g-10 anyday due to the exact reasons you've suggested. I've got plenty similar sized g-10 folders, but there's just something so nice about how light and thin the frn delica is that it always finds its way into my pocket.

9. Picksmith

Picksmith

Sep 4, 2009
    If you like how thin and lite the delica is, the UK pen knife weighs even less and has a deep ride wire clip. The lightweight frn knives have knocked plenty of SS frame and g10 "better built" blades out of my pocket

10. RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

Mar 13, 2009
    Been there.. twice. Really liked the looks and feel of the G10 Delica and swore I wouldn't trade the 2nd one but I did. Sturdier yes but both seemed stiff compared to the FRN versions I've had. Hard to beat a plain 'ol FRN Deli.

11. photonjunkie

photonjunkie Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2008
    I have the G10 Delica as well as a sabre ground and FFG FRN Delicas and I prefer the FRN versions as well. Aside from being lighter they feel more balanced