Delica left in the elemets for 6months and found

Sometime in December 2014 I lost my EDC Delica 4 with stainless steel handles. I thought it was gone for good. This morning I was out hiking a routine path I take with the dogs and something shiny caught my eye, I walk over and my knife is siting along the trail partially covered in dirt! This knife has spent months in the snow/rain and exposed to the elements. I could not believe the minimal amount of rust. The blade itself had 3 spots that could be rubbed off with my thumb, the scales had a small amount of rust but same thing, easily wiped off with just my fingers. I'm really impressed with the VG-10 and the minimal to no rust.

It's the one on the bottom of the pic.

Nice! I bet that was a neat feeling to catch that glimmer of reflected light and find a knife you had lost months ago. I have lost a couple I would love to find but I'd need scuba gear. :)

That is great you found your knife. I am impressed that it had little rust, too.

Right on, man! There's a few knives/tools/gadgets I've lost through the years that I'd love to find, too. Stories like this give me hope!

That is one thing to easily overlook with all the steel choices we have now, how well VG-10 holds up to the elements and resists corrosion.

Nice! I bet that was a neat feeling to catch that glimmer of reflected light and find a knife you had lost months ago. I have lost a couple I would love to find but I'd need scuba gear. :)

I've found a dive knife I lost 2 months earlier... Not much rust. Never lost a Spyderco to the depths (yet)

Cool thread! Glad you got your knife back.

IMO, the SS Delica 4 is one of the most underrated models in the Spyderco lineup. I EDC one myself, but mine is PE.

Jim

Did you try the edge to see how it held up during that exposure? Finding something you love and misplaced or lost is one of the coolest experiences.

That's a great feeling, finding what was properly lost!

Somehow, I find that items found that weren't mine have a tendency to get lost again ....

I think vg-10 is a great edc steel. Great mix of rust resistance, ease of sharpening, and edge retention.

The Knife God wants you to put that knife away now and keep it safe--a reminder that all that is supposedly "lost", can someday be found. ;)

Back