Delica question

In my display case is a slot next to the red checkered Endura for a similar Delica. Was a Delica model produced or should I just move everyone up one slot in the case? What were the approximate dates this (these) knives were produced?

I’ll sneak in another question….
I’ve not seen the new book about Spyderco. Does this book answer questions like those above or is it focused on the history of Sal and his company?

Thanks,
dan

The trick here is that the red checkered ones weren't produced by Spyderco. There have been several threads about this. As I remember there was a third party knife company that had a bunch of old plastic clip knives when the new metal clips came out. They had the knives "red checkered" to make them more desirable.

Gregg

Run a search and a few threads will show up. I was the original poster for at least one of them. Seems it was a big distributor who had it done in house. Sal Glesser stated that he did not recall ever having the factory do this "special run" and would look into it. But there was never a concrete statement on this. Under close inspection the red grids and the white colored filled in Spyder logo are very cleanly done. Doesn' t appear that it was hand filled by any means...

L8r,
Nakano

Back