Delica vs Endura for EDC?

I know the only difference is size, but I would like some imput on which one would be better for EDC, legal restrictions aside.

Thanks

Well as you said the only difference is size, the endura with a larger blade can cut overa wider area, and can penetrate deeper, but do you need that little difference when you use your edc? If not than this is purely an opinion, so do you mind a larger blade? If not go for the endura, but you just have to decide.

For a day to day chores knife I think the delica is more practical. I carved a whole turkey with one once. Cut through the bones and everything. Pretty good for a small, relatively thin blade.

I use a Delica for edc. It is the most practical best size I have used. Unless your work requires being outdoors all day the Delica is the way to go.

Reactions: vba
Which one would be better for your EDC depends on your own opinion. Only you know which aesthetics will be more pleasing to you or which will fit your daily usage better.

The two knives are equivalent in quality. Neither is inherently better than the other.

Really depends, I find a lot of guys prefer the Endura, because they find the handle on the Delica to be just a little too small to feel comfortable in their hands.

Honestly, if you can, I'd try handling them both & see which one feels better. There's some knives you'll pick up & think "Not bad, but I'll keep looking" and then there's the ones that fit your hand just right, and you're reluctant to put them back down again. :)

Delica more "legally friendly" and "publicly friendly". Delica can do anything the Endura can do. Delica is more comfortable to carry and less likely to come out of the pocket.

Regards

And you have to take note that the Endura has a thicker blade than a Delica, as far as slicing go, the thinner the blade the better

what about the caly3??

I have been pondering picking up a delica for another EDC though, but I dont think I will be able to resist the wave option, and I know that cant be too sheeple friendly.

I just got a steel handled Endura in the mail today (been carrying the foliage green frn) and I have a feeling it will be my EDC for a long time. I love the heft and solidiity(is this even a word?) that the steel handle provides, and it slides in and out of the pocket so easily. I know steel handles aren't for everyone but I love it. I am about to order a waved Delica today hopefully, and I wish they would make one with a steel handle. Too many Spydies, so little money.:( ;)

I just got a steel handled Endura in the mail today (been carrying the foliage green frn) and I have a feeling it will be my EDC for a long time. I love the heft and solidiity(is this even a word?) that the steel handle provides, and it slides in and out of the pocket so easily. I know steel handles aren't for everyone but I love it. I am about to order a waved Delica today hopefully, and I wish they would make one with a steel handle. Too many Spydies, so little money.:( ;)

Yes, it's a word. But not the way you spelled it (solitiity)....;)

This is off the OP's topic but maybe you could swap blades with a Zytel waved Endura. You could contact Spyderco and ask if the blades are compatible. Just a thought.

My feelings about the Delica have already been posted.

Regards

Just got a waved Endura 4 yesterday for edc. My new favorite knife! Shaving sharp right out of the box.

Depends where and how you will carry it. I have had a D3 in my waistband since they were new. An Endura wouldn't fit there very comfortably when seated.

I have been using a ZDP-189 SE Delica as my work EDC since they came out. Great size for my needs.

I have both and the Delica sees alot more pocket time. It is just easier to carrier.

I own an Endura but I don't carry it because it's huge so in the debate of Endura vs. Delica, I'll vote Delica.

Back