Delta Recurve????

whitty

Dealer / Materials Provider
Ok I normally don't rant but this is killing me! We got in a shipment from Dylan 2 weeks ago. Every knife was wickedly sweet as always. The 24/7's were gone in seconds, the doom and the warhead were then gone in another 48 hours. The Delta Recurve however has sat there.

http://www.usamadeblade.com/Delta-Recurve-9-from-Fletcher-Knives-DeltaRecurve.htm

How in the heck has this sweet piece of steel sat around for 2 weeks? Especially at $245:eek:! I am going to have to blame my promotional/marketing abilities because it is definitely not do to the design or maker.

Rant over! Thanks for letting me vent!

Whitty, just my $.02 I think of recurve blades as I do trailing points. They both have a distinct following. I feel people may shy away from the recurve blades due to a lack of knowledge of their benefits. (increased cutting power especially in draw cuts, longer cutting edge per inch of blade, multiple edge angles for various tasks, better chopping/slashing ability but not so much much for this sized knife, etc...) Also I feel people may also be hesitant because they are slightly more complicated to sharpen.

You are right though. That is a gorgeous Delta and a steal of a knife!

Dave

Whitty, just my $.02 I think of recurve blades as I do trailing points. They both have a distinct following. I feel people may shy away from the recurve blades due to a lack of knowledge of their benefits. (increased cutting power especially in draw cuts, longer cutting edge per inch of blade, multiple edge angles for various tasks, better chopping/slashing ability but not so much much for this sized knife, etc...) Also I feel people may also be hesitant because they are slightly more complicated to sharpen.

You are right though. That is a gorgeous Delta and a steal of a knife!

Dave

I understand what you are saying but the curve on these is so slight it could be sharpened on most anything. I am not worried as I know it will sell, I am just more shocked that it has sat there.

I too am shocked, it's only $245 and really nice looking to boot.

Just so everybody knows, I used the same sharpening method to sharpen that knife as I do all the other ones. That's the best way to make sure that it doesn't take anything special to sharpen it.

I can't speak for the rest of the world, only for myself. But I will say I have looked at it a few times and thought what an awesome price on that one, if it was maybe a more pointy (say extend the tip a half inch and shallow that belly a little) I would have already bought it long ago. What can I say...I like pointy...and I like re-curves. AND re-curves do not have to be deep and over dramatic to achieve the benefits they offer. The "Spanish-Style" survival knives like they issued in the Spanish Army are way too drastic in my opinion. I love the depth of the re-curve on this one.

My father who is the tightest person you will ever meet, came in my store the other day. While he is very supportive, he does not get that people are willing to spend more than $25 on a knife.

With that said, he wanted something different for his hard use fixed blade knife (mostly in the kitchen). Out of all the knives in the store, this and a Fiddleback Duke were the 2 he said he would like to have for Christmas. So regardless, if this knife is still here in 3 more weeks, I know exactly where it will go!

Back