Demon's Khukuris

I have a modest collection of khukuris and will, of course, continue to add to the group. These are wonderful, sturdy blades, and while I am a utilitarian and believe that form follows function, I can't help but admire the aesthetics of these blades. That said, I did not buy these because I think they are pretty. I bought them because they appear useful.

15 inch 25 ounce M-43 by Rajkumar. Chiruwa style horn handle. All fittings are white metal.

15 inch 18 ounce Ang Khola by Bhakta. satisal wood handle, brass buttcap

15 inch 25 ounce WWII by Thamar kami. satisal wood handle

Group photo

Something that made me chuckle was the presence of a swastika on the WWII model. I understand that the swastika predates Nazis by a couple thousand years and it has cultural and religious meaning to various groups of people. But it struck me as amusing that on a knife called "WWII" there is a symbol that was prominent during WWII.

Nice pics man! Thanks for photo sharing, its nice to have HI khuks to look at. I love my WWII as I am sure you do.

The WWII just showed up with today's mail. I took it out back and proceeded to rid the world of some terrorist tree limbs that were overhanging into my yard and partially blocking my floodlights. Now there's no shadow spots to hide in for the opossums!

Kumar uses the six-pointed star as his mark, but in his case, I believe that it is the symbol for a mandala, and not referred to as a "star of david"

Gotta admit Demon, That is a beautiful set of pictures of a nice balanced collection. I agree with your philosophy and never buy a knife just because it looks good. It is just my good fortune that HI's are as functional as they are beautiful. Functional Art in truth.

Back