• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Denning Black Widow, Curtiss Med F3, Curtiss Lg F3, Reduced

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Prices include USPS Priority to USA customers. No International on automatics and no 3rd party re-shippers either please.

Not looking for trades at this time.

Happy to send additional pictures but first commitment to buy posted in this thread gets it. If there are specifics you want to know ask ahead of time. Post, PM or email is fine but if you email me please include your BladeForums alias, chad@pirtlemade.com.

Payment via Paypal, Square or Venmo, whatever buyer prefers.

Please note, Paypal is cancelling a lot of accounts for knife sales. If you choose to send with paypal please be discreet in the notes as to what it's for. If this is an issue I can send a Square invoice with detailed info on the blade and you can pay with any credit or debit card and don't need to setup a dedicated account.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Curtiss Medium F3

I bought this knife new for $1250 and carried it a few times on dressier occasions, may have cut a few things. I cannot find any signs of wear. The wharnecliffe blade is stainless Damasteel but I don't remember the pattern off hand. The scales are fully jigged and if you have not seen the way Dave jig's his titanium it's impressive, and the best in the business IMO. This knife also has full titanium hardware. Lockup is rock solid and engages at about 35%. Action is drop shut and very crisp and smooth. Includes pouch, patch, business card and COA that I folded to keep in the pouch. Built on 1-16-18.

Edit: Noticed a dark spot on the pictures of the butt. There is a mark in the finish that shows in the right light. Under a lighted magnifier it looks like a small scuff that was there before final finishing. Its hard to see and I only noticed because of the picture, but there nonetheless.

$875 $840 $790 Shipped

M_F3_1.jpg

M_F3_2.jpg

M_F3_3.jpg

M_F3_4.jpg

Curtiss Large F3

I carried this a handful of times but it is in new condition, no appreciable marks or wear. Original untouched edge is still razor sharp. Excellent action and rock solid lockup at about 30%. About as smooth of an action as you could ask for. PM Milled scales on both sides which is by far my favorite milling pattern on any Titanium knife I've owned, feels great in hand. CTS-XHP blade, manufactured 12-7-17. Includes pouch, COA, patch and business card.
$635 $585 $535 Shipped (***SOLD***)
Denning Black Widow

As prolific and long term of a maker as GenO was I can't even remember the last time I saw one of his blade for sale. That means people aren't letting them go. I did not buy this one from him directly but had the pleasure of buying from him a few times and he is one of the greats in the business. Hate to see this one go but I still have a few stashed away.
I bought this from the original owner around 2002 and it saw a bit of carry time and some use. It has a few marks on the blade and the scales. I did put a mirror edge on it in the early days with my Edge Pro (2002/2003) and since the cutting edge didn't extend to the plunge I tried to use the Edge Pro to extend it causing a little smiley near the plunge where it was thicker. See pictures. It's razor sharp the full length though.
Spec's:
O.A.L.: 8 5/8"
Blade: ATS 34, 4 3/8"
Width 7/8" @ 1/8" thick
Handle Media Blasted Black Micarta w/Red Liners
Leather Sheath by Maker

$350 $280 $200 Shipped (***SOLD***)

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Denning1.jpg
    Denning1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 108