Deryk Munroe Scythe

Hello all,

Deryk Munroe Scythe. We have talked about this project for over a year now. I love the Chimera but wanted one with a reverse tanto hawk blade. My favorite blade shape as you may know. Well, finally got it today. Please do not email Deryk. I got one and I know now that Larry has one too. Let's see if he will if I can get his too ;) This knife is a joy to hold and use.

Liong

Attachments

• munroe2.jpg
    munroe2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 373
What a tremendous looking knife. There is a great balance between the blade and the handle that gives it excellent symmetry.

A little more hawkish than the RT, is it a talonite piece? Nice lines as always, you have some very nice stuff, Liong!

Thank you guys, This piece has D2 steel. An awesome user. I really like the way it closes too. Matches up perfectly. Deryk is awesome.

Liong

Wow, nice Liong! Is the blade straight edged or is there a slight curve in there? And is this going to be a "standard" option that he's going to be building along with the chimera's?

Thanks again for the pic!

Nybble,

there are only two of these knives. Deryk is not taking any order for these. Sorry. The blade is curved like a hook blade.

Thank you AP and Satin.

Liong

Our scythe is a bit differant than Liong's. The blade is the same bead blastd D2 however we had dual thumb studs in place of the opening hole and red carbon fiber scales.

One of her coolest features is the slanted thumb groves on the spine. It really allows a great deal of purchase when using the blade. Very comfortable in the hand after extended use, as the clip is positioned tip up, and practically disapears into the palm.

I'll try to get a Pic. posted when our photog. returns from vacation.

BTW, she's a personal piece and is not available for sale...:)

larry

Beautiful Knife!!! I've never owned any of his knives, but they are certainly aesthetically appealing.

I am just curious, these knives remind me alot of Jeff Harkin's work, did Mr. Munroe study under Mr. Harkins?

Back