Describe the knife that would be an ideal DOTD for you

Describe the model, size, handle material, etc. of the perfect deal of the day knife for you, one that would either fill a spot in your collection that is currently vacant, or simply a blade that you really like but have not purchased or ordered in the past.

Describe the model, size, handle material, etc. of the perfect deal of the day knife for you, one that would either fill a spot in your collection that is currently vacant, or simply a blade that you really like but have not purchased or ordered in the past.
I'll start-I would like to see a large Tamang, 18" overall, full size chiruwa Neem handle, satin finish blade, roughly 30 ounces, or an AK bowie, 11 inch blade, 3/8" spine Neem or Sandan handle.

Last edited:
I have a little wish list:

Ang Khola - 12" 18oz, with Red Satisal Handle, white metal fittings, and matching white metal tip on black standard sheath.

Chitlangi Bowie - 17" 24oz, with a steel guard and red Satisal handle and standard black sheath.

Crow Knife - 20" 30oz, (with forging scale on blade) with brass guard, light and dark swirly colored horn handle and a standard black sheath.

Wajaski/mini-Katana - 28" 28oz, (with forging scale on blade) with 2 handed black horn handle and shiny black wooden scabbard.

If I had to pick one it would be that Crow knife. Not sure if those are realistic but a guy can dream, can't he?

Last edited:
Been thinking about this a lot actually and about some day placing a special order for something like:

The Ang Khola Tiger Killer (doesn’t exist but since we’re dreaming...)
Full-tang Ang Khola Khukri style handle (unbolstered would be fine), mated to a heavier/wider Tiger Killer style blade (without spine notch/catch) that would extend about an inch + below the handle to form an integral index finger guard (as on an Ang Khola Bowie).
Villager finish, wooden handle, ~12” total length, ~14-16 oz with ~1/4” spine and tapered tang?
To me that would be a lovely woods knife...

Last edited:
Would love to see an 18" Ganga Ram Special, 28-32 oz., wood handle as a DOTD. Preferably without scabbard, karda & chakma as I have an excellent Sarki Shop scabbard etc. for this knife (left when my original GRS mysteriously disappeared).

R knife with about 1.5 inch more blade than grip. Wide single fuller. Choil. Small finger guard that would fit between fingers when using the choil. About 1.5 inch of jimping on the blade. Rosewood handle with lanyard hole. All white metal fittings. Villager fit and finish. Kumar. Handle scratched by Bawanna with pants by Pugs!

I keep looking for an 18" M-43 weighing about 28 oz. And still I look.
I've got one of those, by Kumar
I can be talked out of it...Just not something I'll use.

As for the DOD dreamin', I'd take any lightweight AKs and VUKs by Purna in the 16" range, wood handles.

R knife with about 1.5 inch more blade than grip. Wide single fuller. Choil. Small finger guard that would fit between fingers when using the choil. About 1.5 inch of jimping on the blade. Rosewood handle with lanyard hole. All white metal fittings. Villager fit and finish. Kumar. Handle scratched by Bawanna with pants by Pugs!

I can sure take care of the scratching part.

I've had a hankering for a Hanshee, Ndog sent me one years ago and I think it's lonely. HI knives should live in pairs I think.

A nice big one I think, kind of like the boomerang look. Be nice to see what Thamar could do with one.

The Tamang for me, had one a few years ago, and it’s the one I regret selling the most! Don’t know why it just appeals to me.
I agree with you Pugs-(forgive me, I've forgotten your name). However, the Tamangs are too light and small. I would love to see one about the same weight and size as the Farm knife, so it would pack a little more punch, so to speak.

Last edited:
I agree with you Pugs-(forgive me, I've forgotten your name). However, the Tamangs are too light and small. I would love to see one about the same weight and size as the Farm knife, so it would pack a little more punch, so to speak. Are you still doing leather work?

I agree, I have a 15" and n 18" Tamang, and the 18" is way better for the heavier work, but the 15" is a super camp site knife. I just love these things, I've gifted several, and have never received any negative feedback.

I agree, I have a 15" and n 18" Tamang, and the 18" is way better for the heavier work, but the 15" is a super camp site knife. I just love these things, I've gifted several, and have never received any negative feedback.
I have only had 1, and it was approx. 16". Although a great design, the handle was small and the spine lighter than I would like. I wonder if this is a design that is made and used in Nepal, or is this from outside influence?

Last edited:
I've had a hankering for a Hanshee, Ndog sent me one years ago and I think it's lonely. HI knives should live in pairs I think.

A nice big one I think, kind of like the boomerang look. Be nice to see what Thamar could do with one.

Yep! My sentiments exactly. Id like one like the one Karda has. I think it was called a Teardrop Sirupati but that I believe was the sexiest knife ive ever seen. I think "Danny in Japan" had one too but I could be mistaken. I agree with a Thamar made one. That would be awesome! Kumar could prolly make a good one too but id like a lot of drop on the handle like Thamar makes them.

This one:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/24-teardrop-fuller-sirupati.690569/

Last edited:
The Tamang is the one knife I never bought. I don’t know why, I just haven’t so maybe it should be on my next purchase list!

The Tamang is the one knife I never bought. I don’t know why, I just haven’t so maybe it should be on my next purchase list!

I think it should.
My 16" by Kumar has become my go to carry. Took a razor edge and only needs a stroppin' after clearing windfalls on the trail.
I want to carry my other blades, but the Tamang won't let me...I have to be really sneaky about it.

Back