• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Deviant11 Won Drawing -Too Much Stabilized Koa & Lace Redwood Burl

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big heavy box with a gazillion blocks of stabilized Curly Koa and Old Growth Lace Redwood Burl showed up this afternoon.

When my Boss saw it, he didn't say anything. He just gave me the "Hairy Eyebrow" look.

I need to sell a bunch of these and recoup what I spent over the weekend. The Boss doesn't know it yet, but there are a few more boxes like this on the way. I will clean these up and post them at prices lower than normal. They should be ready Saturday Afternoon. Some of these blocks are waaaaay oversized.

If you make a post in this thread saying you will come back and have a look Saturday and Sunday, you can have an additional 25% off the sale prices.

I think I will do a drawing for a free block as well. Deviant11 is the winner!
Anyone who makes a post in this thread will be automatically entered. Winner gets to pick whichever block they like best as their prize. I will announce the winner when I post the blocks and scales for sale. Might as well have a little fun.

Here is what arrived. Pretty nasty looking right now but wait till you see them tomorrow. All kinds of different Curly Koa and some of the very best ever Lace Redwood Burl. You'll see.

sale001.jpg

sale003.jpg

I will post some more photos as I go along cleaning these up.
Plus I will send PMs to everyone who makes a post telling when I get close to posting these for sale.
That way you guys get a discount and first choice.
Thanks for the help.
Mark

Last edited:
This is a quick preview to show there are a few types of redwood burl.
I did a quick 60 sanding to clear some of the stabilizing gunk of the faces.
They will look way way better when I get them cleaned up. Looks like I will be working late tonight.

sale005.jpg

You guys have to help me out.
The boss has come to my work area twice and he's still not talking to me. :eek:

I'll be back to check it out for sure !!

I'll be back for a look.

I will be back and have a look Saturday and Sunday! I haven't purchased from you before so pardon me if this has been answered elsewhere, but do you offer volume discounts? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back