DFK Framelock

Diggin' the rounded spine on that one. The whole knife looks fantastic.

Black frame...stonewashed blade/harpoon tip/not rounded swedge...I'll take it! Huh? Whatdya mean this isn't an order form? I don't understand...I can't put fingers to keyboard and DFK makes it happen? I think you're mistaken. I'm in...thank you. :thumbup: You go Daniel!

Black frame...stonewashed blade/harpoon tip/not rounded swedge...I'll take it! Huh? Whatdya mean this isn't an order form? I don't understand...I can't put fingers to keyboard and DFK makes it happen? I think you're mistaken. I'm in...thank you. :thumbup: You go Daniel!

I'm grinding folders with one hand while I type this. :D

That sounds really cool by the way... I should send some frames out for black DLC coating. :D :cool:

Theres a good thread on USN regarding blackening Ti by superheating the Ti, then hitting it with a wire brush wheel and repeating. Apparently the Ti gets super black.

I might try, I need an arbor & copper wheel... have brushed some knives a ways back to orange peel finish and I'm not sure if I want to again! :D sketchy! ...maybe I can figure out a good way though.

I can't wait for you to get it!

random info - I ship the knives with one drop of nano oil on the pivot; in my opinion that is all they really need until the PB washers fully break in. You can add a drop of oil to the detent race if you want to... oil makes them crazy smooth but slows down break in time... which they really don't need as I cycle the lock hundreds of times so you don't have to! :D This is just some info... I ship them smooth and ready to work.

I can't wait for you to get it!

random info - I ship the knives with one drop of nano oil on the pivot; in my opinion that is all they really need until the PB washers fully break in. You can add a drop of oil to the detent race if you want to... oil makes them crazy smooth but slows down break in time... which they really don't need as I cycle the lock hundreds of times so you don't have to! :D This is just some info... I ship them smooth and ready to work.

Good advice, thanks. By coincidence, I just bought some nano oil for a knife from another knifemaker I recently got. He shipped it without ANY lube. Didn't tell me until I wrote and asked, "what's wrong with this knife ? It barely opens and sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard." I know I won't have that nonsense with a Fairly knife.

Back