Did anyone tried this ?

I have not, but from the pictures It looks like it should work ok. At least on larger knives. I have a couple different Edge pro style systems. My concern with those systems that clamp the blade like that one, is if they can be used on a small blade. My fear is that the secondary blades, on a knife like the 303 or 301 aren't big enough, to be put into the clamp, with out the clamp getting in the way of the stone.

I have never heard of Tycono.com before, and their website doesn't tell where they are located. I personally don't like web stores that hide where they are located. I suggest that if you don't get a more knowledgeable response, here in the
Buck sub forum, that you try asking in the maintenance sub forum.

O.B.

Seems like some of the guys over in the Maintenance Forum did try that guided sharpener and gave some feed back. DM

I haven't tried one, but I saw something simular at the ACE hardware store in town a few months ago.
I think the one at ACE was a bench mount draw-through that went as low as 10 or 15 degrees inclusive.
However, at near $100 plus tax, ACE can sell it to someone else. Way out of my budget.

Back