Did Arno Bernard stop making fixed blades?

Stropping Young Lad

Gold Member
I’m in the market for a hunter/skinner, so I was trying to see what Arno has been producing. Their website is only showing folding knives and dealers only have a few stragglers in stock.

Did Arno Bernard knives fully pivot to trying to take on Chris Reeve?

No. They still do sell fixed blades, just not directly.
They only sell the fixed blades through their dealers.

I’m in the market for a hunter/skinner, so I was trying to see what Arno has been producing. Their website is only showing folding knives and dealers only have a few stragglers in stock.

Did Arno Bernard knives fully pivot to trying to take on Chris Reeve?
We still make fixed blades. It is just difficult to ship knives out of SA and get it cleared through customs and FSW. If not for that we probably had them stocked on our website. We make them for our dealers and ship them in bulk which we are allowed to do. Individual knives with natural materials are more complicated and expensive since they require permits and doesn't make sense to ship one knife and pay $150 to inspect it but it makes more sense on a bulk order to our dealers.

We hope to produce new fixed blades in the future which will have carbon fiber and micarta on our website, but it will probably be a few more months before releasing a new fixed blade.

Definitely not taking on Chris Reeve. They are very big and we do not want to go that route. We want to stay small and produce the best quality knives we physically can. Focus more on new products, like folding knives and fixed blades. Getting that big has its issues and making new things becomes impossible. It takes very long to produce a new knife especially if you have a back log like they do.

We still make fixed blades. It is just difficult to ship knives out of SA and get it cleared through customs and FSW. If not for that we probably had them stocked on our website. We make them for our dealers and ship them in bulk which we are allowed to do. Individual knives with natural materials are more complicated and expensive since they require permits and doesn't make sense to ship one knife and pay $150 to inspect it but it makes more sense on a bulk order to our dealers.

We hope to produce new fixed blades in the future which will have carbon fiber and micarta on our website, but it will probably be a few more months before releasing a new fixed blade.

Definitely not taking on Chris Reeve. They are very big and we do not want to go that route. We want to stay small and produce the best quality knives we physically can. Focus more on new products, like folding knives and fixed blades. Getting that big has its issues and making new things becomes impossible. It takes very long to produce a new knife especially if you have a back log like they do.
Thanks for the response. Seeing the stock near non existent made me nervous, I am I big fan of your hunting knives.

It is a sound business plan to know who you are, and what your focus is. AB does that very well.

Thanks for the response. Seeing the stock near non existent made me nervous, I am I big fan of your hunting knives.
We plan on releasing a new fixed blade in 2024 if all goes well. Probably with a super steel and working on the new sheath design. Will launch it if we manage to develop the new sheath, otherwise we will wait until we get it right.

Back