Did/Do you carry in the military? Story time... ;)

what is the loop on the back of the 1760 used for, a lanyard?

Yes. In army terms its called a dummy cord. Nothing worse than being our on a job site or in the field and find your knife has gone AWOL. Usually the lanyard knot is shoved under the web belt that holds up your pants.

Hi USMCPOP, i have really no idea, i have no knowledge of the .50 cal M2 system, maybe someone else can chime in for that specific question. The only thing i can think of is that it could serve as an improvised safety where you insert the 50 cal round under the firing levers so you can't push them down inadvertently. But this is just my guess.
Thanks, good to know as I can't ask him. He also carried a 50 cal round, something about putting it in the trigger or something of a Browning M2 ... ???

Hi USMCPOP, i have really no idea, i have no knowledge of the .50 cal M2 system, maybe someone else can chime in for that specific question. The only thing i can think of is that it could serve as an improvised safety where you insert the 50 cal round under the firing levers so you can't push them down inadvertently. But this is just my guess.
I'm thinking that. Thanks.

A buddy of my younger son was in Afghanistan and drove a Humvee for awhile. He was deemed too aggressive, so they made him ride up top and man the automatic grenade launcher. Have to love it!

Back