Did the Swamp freeze over?

A Swamp Khuk or A Mountain Man Bolo that could fell the Abominable Snow Rodent himself would suffice

Mega KDSH... :D

As awesome as that SOUNDS, I'm not sure it's something that would be very practical unless there was some serious skeletonizing of the entire length of tomahawk. The Rattlehawk was already a bit on the MEGA side for what role I see a tomahawk being used for, go much above that and you end up with an axe really (likely a poor one at that if it's not very carefully designed being a solid piece of steel, ie. Estwing has similar type designs).

Not trying to be a downer, but it is promising assuming the design can account for the fact that .350" thickness is just a MASSive chunk of steel to start with. I have expressed similar sentiments in the past (after the MEGA Ratweiler release), which resulted in the next MEGA blades being the Mega Swamp Warden & Mega Ratmandu... both of which were highly skeletonize to get around the mass in all the wrong places issues... so I AM optimistic despite some skepticism.

Better start pumping that iron now bro!! Its like my years of bodybuilding and powerlifting lead me to this exact place to comfortably weild the MEGA KDSH !!!

As awesome as that SOUNDS, I'm not sure it's something that would be very practical unless there was some serious skeletonizing of the entire length of tomahawk. The Rattlehawk was already a bit on the MEGA side for what role I see a tomahawk being used for, go much above that and you end up with an axe really (likely a poor one at that if it's not very carefully designed being a solid piece of steel, ie. Estwing has similar type designs).

Not trying to be a downer, but it is promising assuming the design can account for the fact that .350" thickness is just a MASSive chunk of steel to start with. I have expressed similar sentiments in the past (after the MEGA Ratweiler release), which resulted in the next MEGA blades being the Mega Swamp Warden & Mega Ratmandu... both of which were highly skeletonize to get around the mass in all the wrong places issues... so I AM optimistic despite some skepticism.

Understandable point of view. I share your thoughts to some extent. Yes, I agree that it would need to be skeletonized (especially closer to the base of the handle) or it would be very heavy and unwieldy. However, I think that the megas are different from the originals and intentionally so. Everything's a trade-off. With added thickness comes more power to each swing and more durability. However, it takes away agility and carry-ability. So, I think there should be some skeletonizing to lighten up, but definitely not to the extent that it would weigh around the same as the original KDSH. Because a mega KDSH would not be a regular KDSH, it would be intentionally heavier, more powerful and yes, slower too. Just my opinion on that, not necessarily right or wrong. Anyway I'd rather see any form of a mega KDSH than none, so crossing my fingers for something, even if it ain't perfect in my books.

Dose anyone have pictures of the KDSH doing work out there... or maybe a worn bruiser!!!

Finally had some free time... just chopping up a few fallen branches - easy work for the hawk

PBOE4bV.jpg

uaAr3B7.jpg

M5ZZcxR.jpg

Hoping there is something to refill the swamp soon...Skinny Rodent Solution or a Swamp khuk or a Mountain Man Bolo..

Back