1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Did you lose a 2mm ceramic bearing?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Micah Stephens, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Micah Stephens

Micah Stephens Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Dec 14, 2018
    So I’m not sure if this goes here but...
    In short: I bought 100 2mm grade 5 ceramic bearings, only needed 1. If you are at least a basic member here, and find yourself searching for one(because you were tinkering and sent it flying across your garage) and see that you can only buy a million at a time, and that makes you sad/frustrated, let me know and I’ll mail you a couple.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
    LOL. we need more people like you Micah

Micah Stephens likes this.
  3. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    I bow, to both your use of gratuitous overkill to solve your problem and to your generosity towards complete strangers.

4. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Interesting, I need 99 2mm ceramic bearings but I am too cheap to buy 100.

Just kidding.. Very nice offer Micah.

5. Micah Stephens

Dec 14, 2018
    haha I probably could have found them in smaller quantities... but I'm a sucker for amazon prime.

6. Micah Stephens

Dec 14, 2018
    That feeling of, "I can't freaking believe I just did that." is punishment enough. Hopefully someone will take me up on it, mostly to confirm I'm not alone.

7. Frank A.

Frank A.

Aug 14, 2018
    Nice gesture.

8. Bob6794

Bob6794

Apr 21, 2013
    Nope knowing my luck it be 3mm if I ever needed any and only primable in 1,000 packs lol.

Thanks for the offer though, at least you have spares though.

9. MaxRichards

MaxRichards Knife Collector Platinum Member

Feb 14, 2019
    As I'm about to take apart a few knives and foresee the above scenario regarding garages and airborne bearings occurring, I'd like a couple. Happy to cover postage costs. PM Sent

10. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Any idea if that is the size that goes in a spyderco Manix 2?

11. Micah Stephens

Dec 14, 2018
    I’m pretty sure it’s over twice as big. 3/16” or something. The 2mm bearings are just for the detents in frame/liner/compression locks. The bearing in a manix 2 is essentially the lock itself.

12. Micah Stephens

Dec 14, 2018
  13. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016