Recommendation? Digital "pocket watch" wanted?

I'm looking for a digital pocket watch that isn't terribly expensive with reasonable fit and finish. I need something reliable with all the common functions found on your normal ~$20 big box store digital wrist watch. I need something legible at night and reasonably easy to use. What options are there I have missed?

TIA,
Sid

My watch pocket is used by my Small Tinker. Stop watches are about the right size if you have trouble finding something you like. I use them a lot for the stop watch feature but they do have all the usual functions.

There are "pocket fobs" available that will help with covering the arms. For a while there was a G-shock stopwatch that was reasonably small, but I don't know if they still make it. Also, dremel.

The only digital pocket watches my quickie search found were Spovan, a Chinese brand NOT recommended by me. They have steel cases, a variety of functions — simple timekeeping to ABC — they look good and the price is right. Unfortunately they are not accurate. Mine consistently ran 10 – 15 seconds fast per day, ok for a mechanical watch but even a $10 quartz watch should run 10 – 15 seconds fast or slow per month.

Sounds like you're looking for a digital clip watch, sometimes called a digital carabiner clip watch.

71hDk10egaL._UX522_.jpg

Timex used to make one and that would be my first recommendation, unfortunately T49663 is out of production and gone from fleabay. Dakota Watch Company seems to have this market to itself. If you want to try one, pick a simple one like the photo above and buy from a merchant who will accept returns.

Last edited:
If that Spovan isn't a good watch, I think as noted above your best bet might be looking at stopwatches. They are generally pretty cheap and most of them have watches built in.

I'd check out the Casio SGW100. The strap is held on by metal bars that come off when you remove the strap, leaving a fairly circular watch head that is unobtrusive. It comes in around $40, is easy to read (even at night) and has a compass/thermometer to boot. I use mine as a tent clock.

WjZAgqe.jpg

The Tokyo Flash company makes some really unique and futuristic looking time pieces. I have their Rogue Touch pocket watch and it's a great little watch. Reading it will take a little practice though!

The Tokyo Flash company makes some really unique and futuristic looking time pieces. I have their Rogue Touch pocket watch and it's a great little watch. Reading it will take a little practice though!

Those are really neat! THANKS!

Back