Dinner prep with the Esteban II

Bmurray

Gold Member
making myself use a knife in different ways helps me get a true feeling for it. Food prep is one of the 5 things that I want my knife to be able to do. I usually don't much care for 5/32" blades as I find them to thick to do mask task other than prying a car door open. I decided to take a chance on this one only because of the high grind which thins it out at the cutting edge. So far I like how it's doing. I've learned there are very few knives if any that are "great" for everything but sometimes you'll find one that is "good" for everything. This one has my attention and might just be one of those GFE knives. Still have more testing

here are my 5 things I like my knives to do.
1) carve
2) clean game
3) process wood/heavy use
4) food prep
5) general EDC

Dinner prep working surprising well next to the food prep king; Handyman. I have to say this Fletcher has one of the best edges I've received on a new knife.

Last edited:
Cool pictures, thanks for sharing. The Esteban II looks like a large 24/7. I'm not into thick knives either, my Delta 5 is 5/32" thick with a super thin edge. It's one of my favorite medium sized knives. Will have to check out the Esteban II.

Me too. I had my EII out this weekend again, fondling it, man I love this blade. now I need a TS4 in the same setup.

Back