Diomedes Industries - Custom Sheaths for Fiddleback Models.

I finished the last ordered sheath (after a shipping debacle with USPS) for Torsten and will be shipping them today.

I am taking a break from making custom sheaths for a time. I don't have the 'love' anymore and find making sheaths a chore. The family is going on Vacation and when I get back I think I might make some sheaths for the Arete that I want to make and simply sell them on this board as the interest arises. I still have over half a side of leather that I would like to use up - so I will make some more sheaths.

I am sorry for any disappointment this may raise - and I will be asking Andy to 'un-sticky' this thread for now. Things may change - but for now - I am out of the 'business' portion of sheath making.

Thanks for everyone's support and orders over the last year or so - it has been great dealing with you all.

TF

p.s. Mistwalker - I answered you via PM. Andy, PM incoming.

Tal, just wanted to wish you good luck, I hope the Spark comes back to you...
I cant speak for anyone else,but ive been there.
Best

Ray

I am SUPER fortunate Ray. I have a great family, a job I like, and stuff I like to do. So sheath making, which was a hobby, has to be enjoyable to get me out in the shop.

I think making sheaths that I want to make and selling them (if they sell) will work for me. Thanks for the support.

TF

It is sad that you do not enjoy it, because you are very good at it. The sheath that I received a few days ago with that Koster I bought is absolutely beautiful.

But doing something like that isn't worth doing if you don't love it. I can see how it could be very tedious if you don't enjoy it.

Back