• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Direct drive KMG classic chassis SOLD

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
For sale: my KMG classic direct drive grinder! Ready to accept a 56c face-mount motor of your choice. Includes the big offset drive wheel. Just look at that beautiful patina! :D You could sandblast and paint it, but that would be a shame.

Also includes:

-KMG flat platen with destroyed bearings and shredded platen face
-Large offset drive wheel that fits the grinder motor
-Some pieces of the "double stack" configuration

Snag it for $500!

Located in SW Washington State, can deliver a reasonable distance or meet up. May also be able to partially disassemble the chassis and mail in a couple of flat rate boxes.

Trades, offers, and/or snide comments welcome!

7QIzZKM.jpg

2gn0JM9.jpg

5Ik6vUR.jpg

Last edited:
I see you've started making knockoff grinders using melted down RR spikes.
Tempting my friend, but I’m too poor at the moment...

If only I needed one. This could be a decent rescue for someone. I wouldn’t mind the rotary and 10” wheel but don’t need the chassis or arms.

I was wondering too, If you might part out the rotary? and what for?

If only I needed one. This could be a decent rescue for someone. I wouldn’t mind the rotary and 10” wheel but don’t need the chassis or arms.

I was wondering too, If you might part out the rotary? and what for?

I can do rotary + 10" wheel for $250. The rotary needs the steel arm it's mounted to, since it has a steel stud that lets it be rotated around. Or you could make such an arm.

I can do rotary + 10" wheel for $250. The rotary needs the steel arm it's mounted to, since it has a steel stud that lets it be rotated around. Or you could make such an arm.
payment sent. Thank you

Last edited:
Seconds... Thanks.

Dang it. Looking for my first grinder…..

Yes, this grinder chassis is still available. As gdpolk says above, it can be outfitted with a motor and controller of your choice. It accepts all common tooling arms.

I’ll take it per our conversation :)

Back