DSC00283.jpg

frontview;

DSC00286.jpg

backview;

DSC00284.jpg

thickness comparing Direkt to Hyper;

DSC00287.jpg

Review will be posted in next entry;;)

Yesterday i received my Boker CLB Direkt in the mail.
As the dealer had no CE (Midway concept) in stock I opted for the Plain Edge version.

First the specs;

Full size (open) just 21 cm
Closed 12 cm
Thickness 1,2 cm
(included clip) 1,5 cm

Blade thickness approx 2 -2.5 mm

Cutting Edge 9,1 cm

Liner lock
Double Steel Liners
Titanium coated steel clip
G 10 handle material drilled holes for tip up tip down carry on both sides.
Screwthreads also in the steelliners under the G10
Nytrolon washers.
440 C bladesteel Titanium coated
Flipper/subhilt
Double Thumbstuds
weight; 119 grams
The handle;

The solid G10 thick slabs have the similar cut-outs as seen on the M-type. Next to that it has a recoil area between your index and middle finger. The handle is straight with a finger cutout sticking out between the flipper /subhilt and the rest at the bottom of the handle. The area between the subhilt and recoilpoint is approx 2.3-2.4 cm.
The subhilt in combination with the recoilpoint and the cutouts on the G10 provide a very secure and comfortable grip imo. The g 10 is just right; not to coarse and not to fine finished. This is good for preventing to much wear on your pocket but still coarse enough for a solid grip. The thickness of 1.2 cm and widness of 2.6 cm also ads up to a comfortable handle feel. Both in Saber/hammer grip and reverse outbound grip the handle feels good.

In closed position the handle or flipper can be used to set pressurepoints. Think kubaton.

The blade;

The blade has an 9.1cm cutting edge. The shape is somewhat bowie style like with a nice splinterpicking point and a swedge on the back of the plade. The Thumbstud is a bit raised above the blade with grooves on the back for thumbrest.
Mine came shaving sharp out of the box with a bit toothy edge.
And the nice gunbarrel like bombproof Titanium coating! I love the bladeshape! Not to thick so i'll guess it'll proof to be a great slicer.

Blade Action.

The blade can be thumbed open right or left handed with the studs. Just opening in this way I feel the thumbstuds could be placed a little more to the front on the blade for optimal deployment imo.

Using the flipper the blade can be opened in combination with a light wristflick. This handles great and very swift.

The lock up of the liner is solid and no horizontal or vertical bladeplay was detected.
The liner engages conciderable to the right side on the blade contact point. I think if the contactpoint on the bladetang was grinded in a bit steeper angle the liner would engage more on the left side and in this way leave more room for future wear in this area.
However the liner lock locks up bom proof the way it is. Next to that. If the lock might disengage in use (which I highly doubt) the large flipper/subhilt will rest on your index or pinky and so prevent the blade from closing.

The clip;

The coated clip is thinner as the ones on the subcom and hyper serie. It feels a bit flexable imo. I would have liked to have seen a slightly more solid clip. Think hyper subcom stylewize.

I tried to change from tip down as it came off factory to tip up. However the right screw thread on the right side bottom end is not drilled straight so I could only attach the left and middle screw resulting in a slight wigly clip.

Overall conclusion;

Except for the clip I think it’s another great one from Boker and Chad !

Last edited:
Thanx MOI,

I'm doing my best. I however agree with you on the clip. That's the only downside imo. I changed it back to tip down so it won't wiggle anymore.:eek:

regarding the handle, it's still too straight for someone who's spoiled by other CLB designs. wish it's was a bit more like the trance, i.e. a bit off-set.

anyway, are you gonna edc this sucker??? it's too big for my liking, but what am i talking ab00t - i don't wear shoes while flashing my trance; and if i do wear shoes, they turn your eyes bleeding:D

DSC00100.jpg

i'll try take some pics, especially the rampage in reversed grip.

Dear MOI,

I'm sad that your shoes did not cause our national soccerteam to win the Eurogame. They might do better in the next tournement.:eek:

I will have to see in edc how the direkt holds up as it's only mine for a couple of days. It will see plenty of use in and arround the house. It may however cause some eyebrow lifting with my co-workers...:D

I think its like XD45 stated an Abraham tank stuck into a volkswagen.

I'll give it some extra thoughts after a couple weeks of molestation.

Do wear shoes when taking rampage pics..:D

Do wear shoes when taking rampage pics..:D

for some reason, you remind me to upload this pic:confused:

P7230333.jpg

People raising eyebrows? you should see me taking pic of my RAT3 next at the Rijnkade in Arnhem:eek: I also had the Rampage with me, but forgot to take a pic of it

P8150531.jpg

Regards the shoes... again:p Those are 2006 World Cup shoes, got them for free 2 months ago. Still can't figure out why people wanna get rid off those;)

How was your trip to Paris?

Did you date some jolie filles Parisiennes??

Because the shoes did not bring good luck you dummy!;)

No time for shopping, tight schedule, lots to see: I only had half day for the Louvre!!! :(

Irony striked during a bus stop at the gasstation. I stayed with the bus even though others tries to get to the souvenir shop. When they came back, I was informed it has a substantial knife assortment :(:( I did manage to rob monsieur Perrin with the blade from my SwissLite :jerkit:

Have you noticed the point of the Direkt is actually quite heavy duty, in contratry what the profile of the blade suggests. Good luck clipping the Direkt to your pocket, and let your colleagues worry ab00t it. Reminds me some guy told me what a big knife I had when I waved out my Emerson, I replied:" this is the Mini":D

Alohallo Maarten,

GREAT review of the DIREKT, and um...good to see some great "less acidic" pics of it too!:p (MOI's orange shoes are enough!:D)

I agree on the clip. I wish it was more Trance/Subcom. Those clips are of good build and sturdy. Also agree on the fact that the manufacturer needs to spend more time CAREFULLY drilling out the holes for the clips on the DIREKT.:( It saddened me when I saw a co-worker bro of mine running his DIREKT with only two screws...I had asked, "WTF?" and hes says, "I dunno...I cannot get the third one in...but it's all good."

PPpppfpfpfffffffffttTttttTtt...yeah, right. That being said, Tobias...please remedy this with your legendary status within Boker Germany!;)

ASIDE from the clip issues, ( i managed to get all three screws in) I love this DIREKT. It just feels very different from the "normal" folders out there due to the Sub-Hilt feel, no fancy shmancy grip maneuvers either: just forward and reverse. (The fancy shmancy grip folder is coming soon...mauahahahaaaa!!!)

As MOI "pointed" out, the tip is much sturdier than the grind lines make it out to be, but it is sharper than the orange on MOI's shoes! (Sorry MOI...but you asked for it by posting that pic!!!:p) Also as MOI said, the DIREKT is very..."straight" compared to my other designs...but that was the whole point:

To keep it simple and well..."Direkt"!:thumbup:

God bless and mahalo bro!!!:cool:

Alohallo Maarten,

GREAT review of the DIREKT, and um...good to see some great "less acidic" pics of it too!:p (MOI's orange shoes are enough!:D)

I agree on the clip. I wish it was more Trance/Subcom. Those clips are of good build and sturdy. Also agree on the fact that the manufacturer needs to spend more time CAREFULLY drilling out the holes for the clips on the DIREKT.:( It saddened me when I saw a co-worker bro of mine running his DIREKT with only two screws...I had asked, "WTF?" and hes says, "I dunno...I cannot get the third one in...but it's all good."

PPpppfpfpfffffffffttTttttTtt...yeah, right. That being said, Tobias...please remedy this with your legendary status within Boker Germany!;)

ASIDE from the clip issues, ( i managed to get all three screws in) I love this DIREKT. It just feels very different from the "normal" folders out there due to the Sub-Hilt feel, no fancy shmancy grip maneuvers either: just forward and reverse. (The fancy shmancy grip folder is coming soon...mauahahahaaaa!!!)

As MOI "pointed" out, the tip is much sturdier than the grind lines make it out to be, but it is sharper than the orange on MOI's shoes! (Sorry MOI...but you asked for it by posting that pic!!!:p) Also as MOI said, the DIREKT is very..."straight" compared to my other designs...but that was the whole point:

To keep it simple and well..."Direkt"!:thumbup:

God bless and mahalo bro!!!:cool:

He Chad ,

I'm totally comfortable with the knife except for the clip and screw-hole threads in the handle.

I love the bladeshape and the tip being sturdy but still a nice splinter-picker. &)
I also think the straight handle works great. Especially for certain tasks as a straight handle is sometimes more acurate. Next to that you can use it as an impact tool.
I think the recoil subhilt is very secure.

I agree with you the screwthread thingy should be sorted out . (Might be the chinese are celebrating there Olympic victory with to much ricewine :grumpy:) I had no QC flaws before on them.

It just needs more edc time it's to darn newby.

That fancy smaancy WTF are you talking about. I'll pester you with emails. LOL
:p

Allthough i concider you as a buddie i did not want to post a biazed review. Just my plain humble opinion. I own a lot of your designs just for a couple of reasons :

Great ergonomics- good quality - at good prices for the people who look for tools which do the job and ask for more without breaking down. Nothing fancy just functional.

(However Potterma is fancy ;) LOL)

He MOI,

Irony striked during a bus stop at the gasstation. I stayed with the bus even though others tries to get to the souvenir shop. When they came back, I was informed it has a substantial knife assortment :(:( I did manage to rob monsieur Perrin with the blade from my SwissLite :jerkit:

Are you smoking to much grass again???

gasstations & souvenir shops = crappy knives!

I bet that last remark is just wishfull thinking.

You can't get my perrin milly out of my deadmans cramped fist!

:p

You can't get my perrin milly out of my deadmans cramped fist!

Don't temp me, for I might very well try:p

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00141-1.jpg

Rampage pics as requested by DayWalker

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Vid of me foolin' around with the Direkt, with shoes on :confused:(S3 grade safety boots, and black)

PS your comment on the grass brought me the idea to open a coffeshop, "GrassStation":D

Instead of a junky now your a dealer MOI.. I sincerely question your reliability.... LOL

Just kidding. However Boeker should do something about that butt end rampage and recoil area imo. Not comfy and reliable enough.

Rely on nothing keep flexible till altsheimer will kick in,,,
Just my 2c.

Regarding the Rampage, Maarten: what do you mean by "recoil area"???

It's not my nature to be a partypooper, but I'm convinced there're are thingies ab00t the Direkt need to be improved. It has to be said:

#1: The clip, it's been discussed.

#2: It's rather difficult to close the knife when the linerlock in engaged, because there is too little metal sticking out, and there is no cut-out on the handle. (The blade is practically symmetric without the clip and regardless the lock) As a reply to this DayWalker stated that he's not quite concerned how quick you can close the blade.

#3: The Subhilt design makes the changing of grips a pain in the A. It's inherent in the design. Just choose your grip wisely before you enage in the final battle with your nemesis - foil enwrapped cardboard box.

I've pointed out the first 2 issues earlier and I'd like to see those fixed - they only need slight modifications on the original design and will certainly improve the performance of the Direkt. Just had to shout out my thought, the therapist made me:( otherwise I'd have to have a knifefight to the death with my alter-egos:D

Oh ya, the KeyCom could use some jimping near the tip, just like the BladeTech ones, more grip for the surgeons who need to perform emergency chirguries at the grosserystore. I can already see a doctor(male/female) taking off his/her KeyCom earring and removing an appendix:foot:

Before you ask, I'm totally tripping balls:). Just high on life.:cool:

Last but not least, I'm very dispointed in you: no single comment on my shoes??? *hand out 18c* Now you have 20c, go buy yourself a personality:jerkit: j/k

Last edited:
The drilled out holes... both Direkt I've handled came in weren't quite clean as a whistle: both had the ressidu remaining in the hole, in both cases the upperst from the front site tip-up holes. I know it's mouthful, it's hard to explain which, hope you get the idea.

Man, I'm glad you guys are done yakking! How was the tea party?? :)
Great looking knife! Thanks, Guys!

MOI ,

On the rampage;

you rather adress these questions on actual service........... guys uhmm. i've been out of business to long.
In service i had a more addequite blade shape. lets say more traditional for every day tasks next to cuttin up enemy. I hate the last part discussin.
:cool:

disregard my last remark. i won't discuss public.
:(
the rampage is a nice knife but not servicable...imho...
to gimmick.

terry please delete this post.........................................................................
;)

Last edited:
Back