Dirt Dart Steel Heart

Cobalt

Gold Member
Wow. What a sweet design. Just received and love the feel of these babies
OsoSBjo.jpg

Just did a close up double take on the finish, that Stonewash really is very nice!

Yeah, I may do this to a few of my strippers. Just throw it in a stone tumbler. They say to do an acid etch first, but not sure it needs that.

The DDSH is my favorite Busse design so far. The balance is JUST behind the talon hole, but still slightly blade-heavy. Along with a “low” center of gravity (spine-to-edge), high traction contouring and machining and vertical front guard, the blade feels very lively, secure and formidable for its weight.
400A9B08-63CD-428B-B6E9-D8070E704C07.jpeg

The DDSH is my favorite Busse design so far. The balance is JUST behind the talon hole, but still slightly blade-heavy. Along with a “low” center of gravity (spine-to-edge), high traction contouring and machining and vertical front guard, the blade feels very lively, secure and formidable for its weight.
View attachment 2432383

My picture taking skills suck compared to yours, lol. That's a great picture.

Here is a very early attempt at this style of Steel Heart, from the original run
76Fz5pb.jpg

Just messing around with paracord today and found a nice system for sustained chopping without hand fatigue.

The pics speak for themselves, but note that you’ll probably need to try a few times before you have the cord oriented correctly around your wrist and at the right length for your hand. Once it’s set properly however, you can open your hand completely and retain the knife, and chop with a loose grip, less shock, and completely without “pinky bite”. 🖖
D0BF63B2-FF2B-4423-AA1E-364AE7C12758.jpegB0B77E67-BEA4-4BB1-B908-D2AB34BE3113.jpeg357124ED-C6E6-45F2-9A61-1C241A9F000A.jpeg

Last edited:
Dirt Dart looks about perfect for scout carry.

Hey David,

Did you ever post pics of the Dirt Dart sheathes??

I’d like to see one if you have any pics available.
I never did.
I have forgotten to take pics of those that I have made, been in such a rush I just ship all the ones out as fast as I make them.

I can get some pics in a few days.

They do pretty much look like any ASH sheath but more Dirt Darty :)

IMG_2952.JPGIMG_0222.JPGIMG_3662.jpg

I forgot to post pics of mine with Dave's sheaths. They fit perfectly as usual.

I can get some pics in a few days.

They do pretty much look like any ASH sheath but more Dirt Darty :)

No worries bud - thx for the info!

I mostly just wanted to see if you’d come up with any novel design features that I could steal before I made one. ;)

(Since my DD was already scratched up from use I didn’t mind adding more scratches by making my own sheath, so I decided I’d give you a break this time and give it a whirl…) :)

Last edited:
Back