Disassembly of M16-14M

Can anyone tell me how the teflon washers in the M16 knives are supposed to go? I recently got the knife from my friend, but I think he lost a washer, or put it in wrong as the blade doesn't seem to open and close right.
Thanks in advance.

Someone else may have to correct me on this, 'cause I don't have one of those in front of me right now. If it's like my Crawford/Kasper folder which I do have in front of me, there are 2 small washers and one bigger one. The small ones go on either side of the LAWKS disc and the bigger one goes on the other side of the blade. . . So in order from liner to liner, it's liner, small teflon washer, LAWKS, small teflon washer, blade, large teflon washer, liner.

Thanks Salamander, I took it apart and there are the three washers, a large teflon, a small teflon with a part of the edge flattened, and a copper washer. Do you think it would make a difference in which of the smaller washers goes in between the blade and the LAWKS? I think the copper one is supposed to go there. And also, does the flattened edge of the small teflon washer have to go in facing a certain way? Thanks again.

Back